|Date Posted||November 19, 2021|
|Category|| Telecom Engineer |
|Job Type|| Full-Time |
|Base Salary||$20 hr - $30 hr|
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
The RF Field Engineer has the responsibility of ensuring commissioning and integration activities are completed accurately and timely to meet site “on-air” delivery dates. Understand typical configurations of standard base station and small cell equipment from Nokia/ALU, Ericsson and Samsung to include Cell Site Routers, Switches, SIAD’s, OBIF’s, RRU’s and AC/DC power systems. Additional duties include technical support to switch and field technicians and mentoring associate technicians
RF/DAS Field Engineer
The Field Technicians will focus on network deployment, commissioning, integration, and cell site acceptance of Alcatel Lucent, Ericsson, Nokia, and Samsung cell Sites.
As Field Technician your responsibilities will include:
- Perform pre-commission, commissioning, integration, and upgrades to cell site equipment (Ericsson, Samsung, Alcatel Lucent and Nokia Equipment.)
- Responsible for equipment power up and testing to include all associated cabling.
- Perform system testing to include sweep, PIM, Fiber testing, Call Testing
- Be familiar with and understand macro cell site BTS and RF components (e.g.: CSR’s RRH’s, BBU’s, MMBS/BTS’s, power upgrades, Network Interface Devices).
- Use a laptop to set up console sessions using HyperTerminal or similar, the use of FTP client software.
- Commissioning and integration of Cell Site Routers and Switches (Cisco, ALU, Ericsson).
- Experience working with CDU30 at cell site locations
- Upgrade BTS equipment to current Software levels and Install licenses, create and load scripts using BTS management software
- Perform E911 and Acceptance call testing and alarm clearing
- Read and understand basic construction drawings
- Read and interpret RF drawings from companies such as IBwave, Ekahau
- Working on ladders and pulling cat5e, Coax and or Fiber cables, AC/DC power cable in an indoor and outdoor environment
- Working knowledge of in-building wireless Distributed Antenna Systems
- Conducts work assignments, communicates, dresses and assists customer in a professional manner
- Demonstrate, explain, and clearly communicate troubleshooting techniques. Possess the ability to resolve complex network issues and outages.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining robust communication with management regarding activities
- Execute the essential duties and responsibilities to meet timelines set by customer
- Be able to adapt and perform work in a rapidly changing work environment
The RF/DAS Field Engineer requirements include:
- 3-7 years' experience and In-depth knowledge of LTE Cell site Commissioning and integration.
- Strong working knowledge of RF wireless technologies and products.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, MS Windows products and data bases.
- Experience integrating and troubleshoot all components of Wireless and Fixed networks.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Ability to work on a ladder or man lift
- Knowledge and experience with DAS vendors, e.g. CommScope, TE Connectivity, Corning Mobile Access, SOLiD is a Plus
- Basic understanding 802.11 protocols
- Knowledge of BICSI and vendor standards
- Ability to work with/around electrical wires and/or ESD products
- Possess sufficient dexterity and mobility in order to complete daily tasks
- Be agile enough to bend, stoop, crawl and work outdoors for extended periods and on a ladder as required
- Travel away from home for several weeks may be required on demand.
- Ability to work at night and in maintenance windows
- Team player and, able to work independently
- MUST take initiative and be proactive
- Have personal tools and PPE
- Must pass background and drug screening
- Possess a valid drivers license and maintain a valid drivers license in order to stay insurable