|Date Posted||October 4, 2021|
|Category|| Crane Operator |
|Job Type|| Full-Time |
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
As a wireless C&I Project Manager, you enjoy managing complex, large-scale projects impacting a large variety of stakeholders, both internal and external. Providing project management and supervision of various construction activities related to network site additions, In-Building, BTS Ground Installations, and upgrade projects .
- Experience managing large, complex technical projects and nationwide deployments.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and teams, including adjusting to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must have experience managing live deployment execution bridges for day-to-day operations.
- Completing project scoping to determine what materials are needed for each project, then ordering materials and ensuring that materials are delivered to GCs in alignment with the construction schedule.
- In-Building installation and comissioning
- Providing complete ownership of project financials, from initial proposal/bid through receipt of final product or service including project budget funding, adherence to budget spending, creation & tracking of purchase orders, and inspecting work performed by contractors.
- Providing clear direction and supervision to technicians and/or other teams supporting upgrade projects.
- Position requires that you lead team of C/I engineers in day-to-day execution and compliance to complete Commissioning and integration activities. During business hours and or Maintenance window hours.
- Ability to establish successful working relationships with customer, vendor, and corporate entities to ensure project goals are achieved. As well as collaborating across multiple disciplines in an organization to include craft professionals. Emphasizing on RAN engineering, optimum network performance, and process improvement.
- Solid organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Must have strong MS Excel and MS Teams skills.
- Strong critical thinking ability. Be able to lead and train team through process changes.
- Continuously gather feedback from all project team members to track progress and mitigate risk.
- Track & manage project issues and facilitate or escalate resolution in timely manner.
- Provide project status reports describing the state of the project, progress and accomplishments, risks, and issues.
- Track, manage & drive project issues and facilitate or escalate resolution, as necessary.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years’ experience in Project Management, minimum 5 years in a significant leadership role
- 5-8 years of wireless infrastructure support in a large company environment
- Must be flexible to work irregular shifts (e.g., evenings and weekends)
- Must be able to successfully pass background check
- Must be able to pass a drug screening
- Must reside within the continental United States
- U.S. Citizen
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.