|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
|Category|| Tower Climber |
|Job Type|| Full-Time |
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
|Street Address||417 Wayne Avenue|
MetaLINK Technologies has been serving our customers since 1996 providing High-Speed Broadband Internet, Fiber Transport, Co-location, Web Hosting, and Hosted Phone Services and systems.
Locally owned and operated, our goal as your service provider is to offer you and your business fast, reliable Internet access and professional world class technical support to keep your connection running smoothly.
We are proud of the quality services that we provide to your businesses and households. We are active community members reaching out to help continue to build on the strength of our hometowns.
Serving Northwest Ohio, Northeast Indiana, and Southern Michigan, our footprint of services is growing along with our professional services we provide.
Why is MetaLINK a great place to work:
We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging every day. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Our business strategy is to be Committed to Deploying Innovative Broadband Technologies in Our Local Communities.
- Understand and strictly adhere to safety and quality guidelines without deviation.
- Safely and efficiently complete repairs and upgrades at elevated heights. Impacted equipment will be mounted on various structures such as guyed towers, lattice towers, monopole towers, water towers, stealth towers and rooftops.
- Observe and report possible compound / equipment defects or hazards.
- Ensure that Job Hazard Assessment (JHA) requirements are identified, documented and followed.
- Accurately follow instructions and complete assigned course of action in accordance with scope of work and methods of procedures (MOPs) and track work via checklists.
- Execute scope of work per the customer’s specifications.
- Identify potential add-on sales to increase company revenue.
- Troubleshoot, upgrade and expand existing wireless networks / sites.
- Radio and Antenna Swaps, Legacy cable plant upgrades, Site Upgrades and Capacity Expansion.
- Conduct pre and post work site audits.
- Serve as a rescue climber if and when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years old, have a valid Driver’s License, and meet MetaLINK’s driver eligibility criteria in order to drive a MetaLINK company vehicle.
- Must take and pass a pre-employment, post-offer drug test and adhere to random drug testing policy, as permitted by state and local law.
- Must successfully complete and pass a pre-employment, post-offer background check, including criminal history check, employment history check, and education verification, among other things; MetaLINK will consider criminal history in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Must be willing to perform all tasks of the Outside Plant Technician.
- Must successfully complete MetaLINK’s tower training program at required level.
- Must be able to travel outside home market.
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours, to include nights and weekends, when needed.
- Must be willing to serve in an on-call rotation.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently without continuous supervision with the desire and ability to learn and retain new knowledge.
- Must be a team player and have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills in the English language for safety reasons.
- Ability to exercise flexibility in challenging and / or perplexing situations.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in stressful and demanding work environment.
- Understanding of basic mechanical terms and tools.
- The ability to use hand tools, power tools and industry test equipment.
- Ability to learn and retain physical and mechanical installation specifications.
- Must have own transportation to get to the job site if required.
- Previous knowledge of networking principals, Ethernet standards, power systems, cable testing, and industrial construction is a plus.
- Must meet certain weight requirements post-offer, pre-employment and during employment in order to comply with equipment manufacturers’ safety standards for working at heights; maximum weight to be qualified to climb upon hire is 250 pounds.
- Waist circumference must not exceed 60 inches measured at the navel as specified by the manufacturer of safety equipment.
- Ability to climb tall structures with a load of up to 25 pounds while working at altitudes of 300+ feet.
- Ability to lift and carry materials that weigh up to 40 pounds for 6-8 hours per work day.
- Must be able to work at heights from an aerial work platform (AWP) such as man-lifts, boom trucks, cranes & other approved equipment.
- Ability to identify all colors associated with telecommunications cable and equipment indicator lights.
- Ability to connect and disconnect various sizes and types of electronic connectors
- Ability to push and pull materials and equipment for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand, walk and climb for extended periods of time.
- Perform repetitive movements for extended periods of time.
- Ability to drive long distances on and off road.
- Ability to perform these duties in all weather conditions and climates including heat, cold, rain, etc.
- Ability to work in remote and challenging locations including, but not limited to: rooftops, confined spaces, and all types of geographic locations.