|Date Posted||May 11, 2021|
|Category|| Tower Climber |
|Job Type|| Full-Time |
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
|Street Address||7200 Radio Station Road|
Long Wave Inc. Position Description
Position Title: Senior Antenna Specialist
Department/Location: Programs/Dixon, CA
Supervisor: Director of Strategic Programs
Position Closes: Upon Hire
Perform all scheduled maintenance on station antennas and related cabling systems in support of NRTF Dixon.
- Perform all planned maintenance on station antennas and related cabling systems in accordance with the Facilities Maintenance Schedule.
- Test, align, inspect and perform corrective maintenance in accordance with manufacturer’s manuals, the facility maintenance plan, and designated reference data (e.g. the High Power Antenna Maintenance Handbook, published by NAVFACENGCOM) on all assigned antennas and transmission systems.
- Perform antenna alignment; adjust guy wire tension, perform all required antenna system tests, calibrations and adjustments, perform scheduled/unscheduled corrosion control actions, inspect, maintain, and repair all assigned antennas and associated electrical parts, baluns with ground or ground radial systems and transmission systems, maintain an up-to-date data file of system and transmission line locations and routings, use a variety of electrical and mechanical hand tools, operate test, measuring and diagnostic equipment, operate winches, rigging, and survey equipment.
- Use special purpose vehicles, maintain and repair protective fencing, warning markers, and signs, and replace navigational warning lights when necessary.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Facility Supervisor and Site Manager.
Employee will be performing work both in and out of doors in all types of weather and will be responsible for climbing towers located at NRTF Dixon.
Successful completion of a post-high school education at an accredited technical school
That included courses in electronics or communications technology or equivalent training that provided skill and knowledge necessary to maintain and repair fixed station antenna systems. Specialized experience in excess of five (5) years may be substituted for educational requirements and formal course training.
The following experience is desired:
- Five (5) years general experience on fixed station antennas performing functions such as antenna installation, preventive maintenance, and quality control testing of rotatable log periodic, directional HF broadband monopole, broad dipole, and omni-directional HF antennas, and maintenance of outside wire and cable systems.
- Must possess physical ability to perform climbing duties, freedom from fear of heights, normal color vision, and depth perception, and normal balance.
- Must possess a license to apply herbicide/insecticides or acquire the required license within six months of hiring.
- Must possess a valid In-House Climbing Instructor certificate for tower climbing safety and rescue course, to teach employees safe climbing and rescue techniques. If the certificate is not currently held, or not valid, it must be acquired within six months of hiring.
- Must be a U. S. Citizen and have a SECRET clearance based on a SBI.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability