|Date Posted||April 9, 2021|
|Category|| Project Manager |
|Job Type|| Full-Time |
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
|Street Address||129 Brown Street|
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Following all applicable OSHA and TSC safety rules and procedures
- Serve as point of contact, maintain and manage company crews and subcontractors.
- Assist with overseeing construction team.
- Assist with coordination of schedules, cost, and estimations. In addition, you will be responsible for overseeing change controls, achieving margins and reporting financials
- Serve as single point of contact between project management and construction execution.
- Provide oversight during construction on all assigned construction projects.
- Comply with carrier specifications on all site construction by detailed coordination, review and approval of all documentation including but not limited to construction reports, grounding reports and as-builts.
- Ensure permitting, inspections and code compliance are completed as needed for each assigned project.
- Ability to read/interpret Construction Drawings, Structural Analyses, RFDS’s and other site-specific documentation
- Scoping Experience and Strong Computer skills, Assist with BOM validation based on site documentation (CD’s, RFDS, etc.)
- Make regular trips to sites during construction including bid walk, pre-con walk, in progress site visits, punch walks and construction closeout. Evaluate site conditions relative to scope of work and out of scope work and prepare cost estimates.
- Prepare RFP and Bid responses including financial budgets.
- Provide direction to general contractors and subs as required.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with Company construction standards, processes, and procedures.
- Act as Company safety observer and quality assurance representative while on site ensuring compliance with Company safety program and related workmanship practices
- Understand basic RF principles and coordinate with RF Engineers on problem solving issues.
- Responsible to negotiate costs within scope of project, hold vendors accountable to ensure budget is maintained; ensure Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
- Actively participate in and make recommendations in vendor selection process.
- Attend deployment and other customer meetings as subject matter expert for Company; Develop customer relationships
- Other duties as needed and assigned
Why TSC is a great place to work:
- At TSC we are proud to have been a strong stable part of telecoms construction history and to continue to succeed in an industry where new opportunities are emerging every day.
- We win by working together and seeking to improve our performance and opportunities for our team members every day.
- TSC team members have high paying construction jobs in the 5G space with unlimited opportunity for work, growth and advancement. We succeed when you succeed.
- “TSC…One Mission, Excellence in Customer Service”
- Experienced with properly installing multiple equipment types for Small Cell Builds.
- Experienced in knowing how to Sweep and PIM testing for Small Cell Builds
- Certified to safely operate a bucket truck.
- Experienced in working at heights up to 75’
- Ability to travel out of local markets if required for extended periods of time.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Minimum five (5) years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience Knowledge of Wireless Cellular Tower Sites, Rooftops and other non-traditional locations.
- Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter and Passive Intermediation (PIM) testing.
- Thorough understanding of electrical and RF principles.
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards; OSHA 10 (Minimum) Prefer OSHA 30
- Knowledge of construction management process including budget development and execution
- Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
- Experienced in reading, understanding and providing input on blueprints
- Experienced in directing and diagnosing workflow problems, offering remedies
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem-solving approach - strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills - MS office (including Excel) and project management software.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time exempt position. Days of work are Monday-Friday. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
- 75% travel, 25% office