|Date Posted||July 13, 2021|
|Category|| Tower Climber |
|Job Type|| Full-Time |
|Local Hires Only?||Yes, Only Locals Apply|
|Street Address||3450 Salmon st. Suite 102|
K&C Advanced Technology is currently looking for entry-level and experienced Tower Technicians and Foreman's to join our company. Tower Technicians perform communication tower construction and maintenance activities. This work includes, but is not limited to, tower assembly, tower erections, hardware mounting, antenna and transmission line installation, grounding, system testing, and positioning/optimizing antennas. The ability to routinely climb and work in excess of 100 feet is a must for these positions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely assemble, erect, and climb towers - build and maintain the complete structure.
- Efficiently operate and adjust commonly used tools in the wireless industry.
- Perform duties in outdoor conditions w/occasional exposure to inclement weather.
- Work at high elevations on a daily basis.
- Work with customer representatives, technical support, and others to get desired results.
- Actively participate as a member of a team to accomplish the tasks assigned.
- Maintain a desired level of quality in work assigned, especially in attention to details.
- Ensure work is performed safely in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Follow company policies, customer requirements, and industry standards.
Education, Certification, and/or Training
- High School or GED Equivalent. Additional training preferred (but not necessary at entry level)
- 1+ year experience climbing and working on towers preferred (but not necessary for entry level)
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a motor vehicle record that classifies you as insurable
- The ability to climb and work on various tower types more than 100+ feet, with a 50 lb load
- OSHA Safety standards certification is preferred (can provide training)
- Comtrain or Fall Rescue certification preferred (can provide training)
Required Skills and Abilities
- Able to crouch, kneel, and twist throughout the work day
- Able to reach, grasp, and climb with both hands
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, and drive/ride in a vehicle for long periods
- Must be able to climb and work at heights in excess of 100 feet.
- Able to work weekdays and occasional after-hours and weekends if needed
- Read and follow detailed site plans and tower drawings
- Must be available for periodic travel, including overnights
- Company Sponsored Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance (After 90 days)
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance (After 90 days)
- Hiring referral bonus
- Expenses and Per-Diem for Overnight work
- Company provided safety equipment
Learning & Development Opportunities
- Educational Assistance Program
- Climb/Rescue Training
- First Aid/CPR Training
- OSHA 10 Hour Training
- RF Awareness Training
- Qualified Rigger & Signalperson Training
- Tower Rescue/Competent Climber Training
This description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills. Due to the changing nature of the industry the position is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice
Salary Highly Competitive -Industry leading compensation depending on experience and responsibility