|Date Posted||September 26, 2021|
|Category|| Tower Lead |
|Job Type|| Full-Time |
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
|Street Address||Overland Park|
Top Hand Job Description:
Great pay, benefits including Life Insurance, 4 weeks/1 week schedule, fly you home on off weeks, per diem, hotel card, great opportunities to advance!
As a Top Hand you will be expected to lead team members on the tower top with construction, installation, and maintenance of communication equipment. Along with performing the hands-on field work, the Top Hand is expected to organize the workflow for his crew members, provide feedback to the LTE Foreman, help mentor newer technicians.
- Show a consistent track of successful projects completed on-time and on-budget.
- Pass pre-employment and random drug screens
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and ability to pass a DOT medical exam
- 3 to 8 years of climbing and tower work experience
- Ability to work with a team(s) to perform a wide variety of technical telecommunications construction work
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to stoop, crawl, bend at knees and waist, squat and lift 50 lbs. minimum
- Must be able to pull your own body weight, plus equipment weight, up a vertical tower repeatedly.
- Position requires working outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Technical reading aptitude
- Skilled in computers and/or mobile devices for submitting Daily Work Reports, Close-Out-Packages and/or Time Sheets. Possess basic computer skills (i.e., E-mail, Excel, Word)
Job Responsibilities Including, but not limited to:
- Ability to review CDs/scope and identify/document any tower top out-of-scope items
- Inspecting work performed by team members for accuracy and quality
- Manage the safety and performance of team members on the tower
- Performing swaps of cellular and radio antenna, upgrade to fiber-optic cables, and increase site capacity
- Expert in FULL COP process including photos, forms, etc.
- Competent with test gear (Anritsu, ODM, and PIM)
- Competent in all aspects of line and antenna system installation, replacement, and maintenance
- Knowledge of UMTS, 4G(LTE) and 5G
- Trouble shoots Alarms / RSSI issues at sites using supplied sweep gear
- Knowledge on the use of a protocol adapter to set RETS and capture the RET logs to submit with COP
- Prepare the JSA and effectively communicate all hazards and rescue plan and assign important task to crew members
- Full understanding of RFDS, and Port Matrix
- Proper use and working knowledge of both antenna alignment tool and Anritsu to provide documents for the customer close out package.
- Fill out required paperwork and redlines.
- Competent Climber and Rescue
- Certified Rigger
- OSHA 10
- RF Awareness
- First Aid and CPR
- Blood Borne Pathogen
- NWSA Level TTT-1
- Sweep Certified
- Ability to obtain NWSA Level TTT-2