|Date Posted||May 4, 2021|
|Category|| Tower Climber |
|Job Type|| Full-Time |
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
|Street Address||400 Highland Avenue|
- Several positions open. Teams do apply.
An ideal candidate is someone reliable, physically able to work on towers and heights, good communicator and has attention to safety and details.
- Responsible for all tower related functions in the Tower Construction department. (i.e. tower builds, tower deconstructs, hanging of antennas and dishes on towers, site build outs, hanging cables on towers, grounding tower and buildings)
- Help to plan schedule (crew schedule, customer contact, site access, contact subcontractor, inform supervisor, order parts)
- Climb towers to install antennas, dishes, cables, and stand-offs on towers. Build and deconstruct towers.
- Grounding tower and building to R56 standards, driving ground rods and cad welding
- Create job tickets, update time tickets.
- Public safety RF and Microwave work. We do not do carrier work.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus a Climbing Certification a plus.
Licenses, Certifications: Driver’s License, Tower Climbing Certification a plus
Tools, Equipment, Machines (non office) : Personal Hand tools
Job Type: Full-time, Paid Holidays, Vacation, PTO, Medical, 401(k)
Large local projects within the state of Pennsylvania.
- Very few overnights
Local candidates only:
- Altoona, PA 16602
- Family type atmosphere with employees with long tenure
- Daily dispatched from location in Altoona, PA
- able to pass a physical, good driving record, drug/ background screening, outdoor and travel experiences, tower cert a plus and experience also a plus. Pay based upon experience.
- High school or equivalent
Also accepting Resumes for Tower Hand
Large Communications Company Looking for Tower Hand. You must be able to lift 25 to 100 pounds and have a good driving record. Knowledge of running winches or beginning tower climbing a plus. Travel is minimal and no weekends away. Full time position with benefits.