|Date Posted||August 25, 2021|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-Time |
|Local Hires Only?||Yes, Only Locals Apply|
|Street Address||6405 South 194th Street|
Manager, who coordinates, supervises, and directs activities of workers engaged in construction projects of telecommunications sites. Directs activities concerned with Job Work Orders and related services. Implements and oversees quality control program designed to ensure continuous production of services, consistent with established standards. All of this is accomplished by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Highly proficient in the following areas. Ability to train and supervise others in these areas:
- Installing and modifying sector mounts, T-Booms, platforms and banding of monopoles.
- Installation, testing and repair of antennas, TMA’s, diplexers, duplexers, and surge arrestors.
- Installation and testing of all grounding of tower components to include ground rings for tower, shelter, equipment pads and compound.
- Installation and testing of coax and elliptical cable.
- Installation, testing and repair of tower light systems.
- Can read, interpret, and build according to design site plans and layouts.
- Can build according to plans tower and monopole foundations.
- Can build according to plans shelter pads and equipment pads.
- Can erect per design towers, monopoles, and stealth and roof top sites.
- Able to understand, coordinate and direct crane requirements and operators.
- Installation if Ice Bridges.
- Can sweep test all lines and equipment, operate sweep test software, read results, and send to customer.
- Can PIM test all lines and equipment, operate PIM test software, read results, and send to customer.
- Can install, commission and test RET systems.
- Proficient in the use of GPS alignment tools.
- Performing inspection of entire install. Troubleshooting problems with install. Capturing and providing close out packages.
- Installing, testing, path aligning and troubleshooting Microwave dishes.
- Installing, testing, and troubleshooting RRU/BBU equipment on towers.
- Installing and testing GPS antennas
- Installing and troubleshooting fixed site and portable generators.
- Installing conduit on ground sites and rooftops.
- Installing 200-amp single phase 120/240 systems.
- Installing and repairing fencing.
- Installing access roads
- Coordinates submitting for, acquiring, and closing out permits.
- Manages all data in Betacom tools (Site Manager) and customer tools.
- Attends bid walks to inspect work areas and determine type of work, materials, and equipment required to be used.
- Conducts site surveys, as necessary.
- Studies specifications to plan procedures for project on basis of start and completion dates/times and staffing requirements for each phase of Project/Construction.
- Determines work force requirements and establishes production schedules to meet service loads. Estimates worker hour requirements for completion of each job assignment.
- Initiates Job Work Orders for all Construction/Tower Project work.
- Creates bill of materials (BOM) and examines estimates of material, equipment, and production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to insure completeness and accuracy.
- Processes and reviews all documentation generated from outside office (time- sheets, job sheets, reports, and production records) for accuracy, completeness, and details.
- Initiates list of tools and materials to be ordered/delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules. Directs and coordinates testing and inspecting of equipment for operational performance.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with job production procedures in cooperation with other Field Supervisors to maximize service reliability and minimize costs.
- Requests amendments to or extensions of Job service contracts (change orders).
- Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding quality.
- Acts as liaison between Company, Field Personnel and Customers.
- Operates equipment such as bulldozers, boom trucks and graders and trains workers in equipment operation.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Interprets job orders to workers and assigns duties.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Confers with supervisory personnel to resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Manages range of 1-4 subordinate supervisors (foremen) who supervise a total of range 1-6 workers, including but not limited to employees and/or contractors, in the Construction/Tower Field Crews. This position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing all Construction/Tower work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Primary duty must include the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance,
- including but not limited to, pre-qualifying and once qualified, awarding work to subcontractors, planning, assigning, and directing all subcontractor’s Construction/Tower work, disciplining subcontractors, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and regulatory personnel.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four years or more of related tower and construction experience and/or training.
- Good communication skills, reading and writing skills (English)
- Excellent computer skills. Advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook) and project management software.
- Clean Driving Record & Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must be able to accommodate out of town travel, if required.
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools, mechanical equipment, and electro-mechanical equipment.
- ComTrain, OSHA30, RF Awareness Training, First AID/CPR trained.
- Must have experience with Anritsu Site Master, Andrew, PPC, tower mapping and antenna equipment.
- Must have experience stacking self-support towers, installing waveguide, antennas, and microwave dishes.
- RF Awareness, replacement, and maintenance i.e., coax, jumpers, TMA’s, connectors, and weatherproofing
- Highly organized and be able to effectively report verbally and written reports back to the Operations Manager or Director.
- Experience in managing employees – hiring, terminating, completing performance reviews, allocating work, setting schedules, training, etc.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk much of the time. The employee is also occasionally required to sit.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme cold.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.