|Date Posted||October 26, 2020|
|Category|| Tower Foreman |
|Job Type|| Full-Time |
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
|Street Address||1351 E Irving Park Rd|
MasTec is hiring Tower Technician II III & Tower Foreman for various locations.
As an experienced Tower Technician, you will lead and assist in the construction, installation, and maintenance of communications tower and support structures. Tower Technicians work irregular hours, travel frequently, and work at great heights in extreme weather conditions.
- Climbing and working on communications towers for the purpose of installing, replacing, and repairing antenna systems equipment performs tower maintenance under close supervision.
- The basic use and care of hand tools and mechanical equipment.
- Knowing the hazards associated with tower climbing, construction equipment, and working on or near energized lines and equipment.
- The ability to climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with 50 lb. load.
- Analyzing situations accurately and adopt an appropriate course of action.
- Communicating orally and in writing.
- Following instructions accurately and complete assigned course of action.
- Recognizing safety hazards and performing duties in a safe manner.
- Act as a team lead and mentor to less experienced Tower Technicians.
- Must have the ability to traveling extensively within assigned region
- Successfully completed the MNS Tower Technician Training Program.
- Must have High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years of industry experience.
- Applicant/Employee weight and tools combined may not exceed 280-pound weight limit as specified by the manufacturer of safety equipment.
- Applicant/Employee waist circumference must not exceed 60 inches measured at the navel as specified by the manufacturer of safety equipment.
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools, mechanical equipment, and electro-mechanical equipment.
- Possession of a valid driver license.
The Tower Foreman is responsible for the daily site construction work efforts assigned by leadership.
- Oversee the daily operations at assigned sites.
- Maintain daily paperwork required for the site and the crew.
- Implement and follow through with job instructions provided by leadership.
- Ensure safety and quality control requirements at your sites and with your crew.
- Compile all site-specific closeout documentation for your work effort.
- Upload closeout documentation to customer interfaces.
- Coordinate with customer representative for site related activities and maintain a good working relationship with customer representative.
- Provide leadership, guidance and actively train / promote learning to all crew members.
- Maintain equipment and vehicles in an operational condition at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 4 years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in construction skills, rigging, safety and general industry knowledge.
- Job related certifications – First Aid, Safety, Rescue, Wiltron, Anritsu, Fiber, PIM, CPR and Connector attachment
- Organizational, computer and communication skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret site plans, RFDS, construction drawings and SOW.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and comply with company motor vehicle policy.
- If applicable, the ability to maintain FDOT log books – Training will be provided
- Recognize and provide a safe work site with acceptable quality and efficiency.
- Ability to lead, teach and train proper work and safety procedures.
- Must be able to provide, record and manage paperwork (Excel, Word etc)
- Must be fit and in good physical condition
- Must have the ability to climb towers, be able to pick up 50 lbs., and be cable of working up to 12 hours on occasion..
- Must be available to work weekends and/or nights, in extreme weather conditions if necessary, and be willing to travel extensively.
- Must be able to work out of market or away from home as work demands.