|Date Posted||February 9, 2021|
|Category|| Tower Hand |
|Job Type|| Full-Time |
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
|Street Address||Cell-Tech Services LLC|
Tower Hands/technicians support all aspects of tower installations, including all antennas and transmission lines. Must perform construction duties on a daily basis ensuring quality construction throughout the site build to include, but not limited to, civil and line/antenna work.
• May perform installs on radios, antennas, and associated RF equipment
• Trouble shoots Alarms / RSSI issues at sites using supplied sweep gear.
• Perform electrical down tilts and mechanical down tilts to a variety of antennas using supplied antenna controller units.
• Run power and fiber jumpers as needed to complete ongoing scopes of work.
• May devise jumper connections with knowledge from connector training.
• Complete required equipment and supply paperwork.
• Climbing communications structures, to include: guyed; self-supporting; monopoles; building/rooftops; grain silos; etc.
• Performing audits: safety; defect and quality.
• Ability to follow daily instructions and shift reports.
• Fill out required paperwork and printouts.
• Applies job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks
Recommended Minimum Job Requirements:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Typically requires 3 plus years of related experience
• Valid state-issued driver’s license is required
• MUST be a Certified Tower Climber - can be via Gravitec Systems, Inc. or ComTrain
Recommended Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Mounting, aligning, cabling, and testing of antennas, radios, and associated equipment
• Competent climber
• Competent rigger
• Knowledge of standard knots
• Trained in controlled descent
• Trained in use of aerial lifts
• Trained in procedures on a working platform
• Trained in procedures on a cable bridge/ice bridge
• Requires working knowledge of Microwave equipment
• Knowledge of basic electricity, grounding, and power safety
• Terminating cables and experience fixing connectors and Antenna system
• Ability to Install coaxial cable on towers, rooftop - any structure
• Strong troubleshooting skills of equipment, coax, and fiber
• Expertise in fiber testing
• Expertise in PIM and sweep testing
• Ability to work closely with others
• Team Player
• Good communication skills
• Ability to mentor and field train lower level technicians
• Travel as required, typically within a designated region
Certificates, Licenses, Registration and Requirements:
• Rescue certification is preferred
• Anritsu training
• OSHA certification preferred
• CPR and First Aid certification preferred
• Must be able to climb and descend all types of tower and rooftop structures
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to travel as needed
The positions are full time employee roles, with competitive wages, and benefit package after 90 days of employment. Employee referral bonus of $250.00 for each experienced team member you recruit to the team that results in a hire.