|Date Posted||September 28, 2021|
|Category|| Tower Hand |
|Job Type|| Full-Time |
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
|Street Address||103 Industrial Loop, Suite 1100|
Positions in AL, FL, GA, MS
Tower Hand III will lead all aspects of tower installations, including all antennas and transmission lines. Tower Hands perform construction duties on a daily basis ensuring quality construction from the foundation to erection of lattice towers, monopoles, and guyed towers.
- Trouble shoots Alarms / RSSI issues at sites using supplied sweep gear.
- Perform electrical down tilts and mechanical down tilts to a variety of antennas using supplied antenna controller units.
- Run jumpers as needed to complete ongoing scopes of work.
- May devise jumper connections with knowledge from connector training.
- Complete required equipment and supply paperwork.
- Climbing communications structures, to include: guyed; self-supporting; monopoles; building/rooftops; grain silos; etc.
- Performing audits: safety; defect and quality.
- Ability to follow daily instructions.
- Ability to run jumpers as needed to complete ongoing scopes of work.
- Fill out required paperwork and printouts.
Recommended Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires working knowledge of Microwave equipment
- Troubleshoot and fix on connectors and Antenna system.
- Ability to Install coaxial cable on towers, rooftop - any structure
- Experience in completing full grounding installations, tower demolition, tower stripping and painting (erect and horizontal)
- Knowledge of standard knots
- Ability to lead lower-level employees
- Ability to work closely with others
- Team Player
- Must be able to safely climb while carrying tools and equipment of up to 60 pounds and work on a cell site tower using safety gear that is rated for a maximum working load of 310lbs, including the climber, tools and equipment.
- Familiarity of using PIM gear and PIM troubleshooting.
- TMO experience preferred.
- Past Verizon experience or RTWP experience a plus.
- (BYOD) Bring Your Own Device. The company will reimburse eligible employees $30 per pay period/$780 annually for use of personally owned cell phones for business use. The employee understands they will abide by the BYOD policy and this is a requirement to be able to carry out their duties.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration and Requirements:
- MUST be a Certified Tower Climber - can be via Gravitec Systems, Inc. or ComTrain
- Rescue certification
- Travel within a designated region is required
- Anritsu and/or OSHA certification a plus
- Lift up to and including 60 pounds
- Required to talk, listen, sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, climb, crawl.
- Climb and crawl in ladder racking if necessary
- Work may be required in confined spaces
- Endure harsh weather including but not limited to hot, cold, rain and snow.
- Ability to see full color spectrum in order to identify cable color code.
- Work Environment: