|Date Posted||February 22, 2021|
|Category|| Tower Lead |
|Job Type|| Full-Time |
|Local Hires Only?||Yes, Only Locals Apply|
|Street Address||4827 Old Plank Road|
Lead Tower Technician
ClearLink is a local provider of wireless and network solutions. We provide network support to wireless carriers and enterprise customers throughout Michigan and surrounding states. Our services include design, construction, implementation, testing, troubleshooting and repairs.
A Tower Technician is experienced in installation and post install maintenance for Wireless Antenna Systems; both IDAS “in-building” and ODAS “out-door”, small cells, and tower projects. This person is a self-sufficient and creative thinker who is able to both follow directions and think outside the box.
The Tower Technician position is a hands-on role that will include the following tasks:
• Installing wireless equipment; radios, network racks and related equipment, fiber optic cable, coaxial cable, ethernet cable, RF antennas, as well as additional related hardware.
• Fusion Splicing, Fiber OTDR and OPM Testing. (Certifications a plus).
• RF Sweep and PIM testing (Certifications a plus).
• Accessing GUI and Network interfaces for commissioning and troubleshooting issues.
• Detailed reports and compilation of all collected data and material usage.
• Strong computer skills
• Completing site surveys to troubleshoot and design corrective RF and RF/fiber optic installations for existing systems with inadequate coverage. Report findings to the appropriate staff.
• Ability to follow project schedules and report progress and/ or complications
• Ability to work both individually and as a team.
• Assisting in warehouse maintenance and inventory.
Qualified candidates must have the following:
A minimum of 2 years of relative installation experience. 2 years of fiber installations, fiber cleaning and fiber testing. Must be able to perform RF Sweep and PIM Measurements, Technician must have a solid understanding of wireless networks, RF theory, and optical link budgets. Knowledge of the terminology used in the telecom industry. Working knowledge of RF test equipment (i.e. spectrum analyzer, sweep and PIM test equipment). Ability to use basic hand and power tools needed for installation projects. Solid skills with Microsoft Office Software, Adobe, and OEM Testing software (like Anritsu Handheld Software Tools).
In addition, qualified candidates must have the ability to:
• Pass a criminal background, drivers' license, and drug screen checks as well and a pre-employment physical.
• Lift upwards of 50 lbs unassisted.
• Travel to project locations for extended lengths of time.
• Work indoor/outdoor with variable conditions.
• Demonstrate ability to work in a professional manner at all job sites.
• Deliver excellent response times, use great communication skills, and demonstrate ability to work well on a team.
• Drive performance and follow plans and drawings.
• Demonstrate ability to complete installations independently as projects require, while working with a sense of urgency.
ClearLink offers the following benefits package that includes:
• 401K Retirement plan
• Medical and dental insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off and vacation
• Continuing education and certifications