|Date Posted||January 16, 2023|
|Category|| Tower Lead |
|Job Type|| Full-Time |
|Local Hires Only?||Yes, Only Locals Apply|
|Street Address||1445 Londonderry Rd|
United Telecom Systems LLC is a privately owned telecommunications company built on years of experience with extensive knowledge in telecom industry. UTS LLC, provides solutions for all of your high demanding projects, including Small Cell, DAS, Tower Mods, Overlays and fiber backhaul systems. We exist to help our client exceed expectations in the telecommunications industry by meeting important deadlines and working with excellence in every job we take on.
Tower Technician Top Hand
**Ideal candidates must have at least 2 years or more experience in Telecommunications and climbing towers. Must be local to the Atlanta area.**
- Accident/Critical Illness and Voluntary Life
- Group Life and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending and HSA Accounts
- Crypto Investment/UTS Contribution
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Employee Recognition Programs with Incentives
- Paid Travel Time
- Assist Tower Foreman with Supervision of a crew of 2-4 climbers.
- Work with Construction Manager and Foreman to analyze job requirements such as labor and materials.
- Read Plans, Site Plans, and Tower Drawings
- Install, connect, and test underground and above ground grounding systems
- Ensure Foreman is apprised of construction progress, concerns, and deviations from plans or established schedule
- Perform tower construction activities including assembling/erecting towers, installing antennas, mounting hardware, installing coax and connectors, grounding, testing, positioning, and optimizing antennas and lines
- Safely and efficiently complete repairs and upgrades at elevated heights
- Maintain and enforce all OSHA safety practices, perform daily job-site safety inspections on equipment prior to operation
- Follow instructions to accomplish assigned work in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain proper use of company vehicles, credit cards and other assigned assets
- Pre-Work and Post-Work site audits
- Site upgrades and capacity expansion
- Ability and willingness to train team members, and work collaboratively with crew and management
- Valid driver’s license and a driving record that is satisfactory to the company’s vehicle insurance carrier.
- Ability to commute to headquarters in Woodstock, GA
- Infield training and experience, 2+ years preferred
- Ability to work at heights of up to 500'
Qualified Applicants are:
- Strongly committed to Safety and Quality
- Reliable and consistently on-time
- Driven and able to solve problems
- Able to climb daily, and comfortable working at heights (200'+)
- Not opposed to working in the heat, cold, and other adverse weather
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Motivated to work hard, learn fast, and advance within the company
- Willing to travel as jobs require
- Willing to work long hours on short notice
- Able to drive company vehicles
All finalists for this position are required to complete a background, motor vehicle, and pre-employment drug screening.