|Date Posted||April 29, 2022|
|Category|| Tower Climber |
|Job Type|| Full-Time |
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
|Street Address||3301 Technology Dr, 205|
Tower Technicians will be responsible for all wireless telecommunications site construction, equipment installation, and maintenance. Candidates must be able to carefully and accurately follow safety and work instructions, organize and track their work.
- Understand and strictly adhere to safety and quality guidelines without deviation
- Climb cellular towers daily at heights up to and greater than 500 feet
- Safely and efficiently complete repairs and upgrades at elevated heights. Impacted equipment will be mounted on various structures such as guyed towers, lattice towers, monopole towers, water towers, stealth towers and rooftops.
- Installation of up-top equipment including masts, clamping, bracing, supports, antennas, RRUs, cabling, bolting, true up, shooting proper azimuth within tolerances, reading maps and a compass, torque to spec, labeling, picture-taking, documentation, plumb and tilt readings with smart level, etc.
- Accurately follow instructions and complete assigned course of action in accordance with scope of work and methods of procedures (MOPs) and track work via checklists.
- Read customer blueprints, and execute Scope of Work (SOW) following customer specifications.
- Accurately and timely document job costs, including labor hours and material.
- Observe and report possible compound / equipment defects or hazards.
- Complete quality work in a timely and efficient manner
- Troubleshoot and communicate equipment performance issues
- Troubleshoot, upgrade and expand existing major cellular carrier networks / sites.
- Perform testing of sites, either as a sweep/PIM tester, fiber test or RET’s set up. Responsible for tool inventory and upkeep daily on job site
- Conduct pre and post work site audits.
- Serve as a rescue climber if and when needed.
- Participate in new tower construction, tower decommissioning, and tower modification.
- Perform routine and special circumstance tower maintenance.
- Perform emergency repairs as required on structures during disaster relief support services.
- Identify potential add-on sales.
- Ensure that Job Hazard Assessment (JHA) requirements are identified, documented, and followed.
- Maintain a professional working attitude with co-workers and customers.
- Complete initial and ongoing training.
- Mentor less experienced co-workers to enhance the performance of the team.
- Uphold quality workmanship surpassing industry standards.
- Proper transportation and required tools must be provided and available by the employee
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must successfully complete Datanet tower training program at required level.
- Operate hand tools, power tools, and industry test equipment
- Ability to learn and retain physical and mechanical installation specifications
- Understanding of basic mechanical terms and tools
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office suite
- Travel outside home market up to 100% of the time
- Work outside of regular business hours (i.e., shift work), to include nights and weekends, when needed
- Work in remote and challenging locations including, but not limited to: rooftops, confined spaces, and all types of geographic locations
- Must be willing to serve in an on-call rotation
- Must be a team player and have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English language for safety reasons
- Multi-task and maintain composure in a stressful and demanding work environment
- Ability to exercise flexibility in challenging and / or perplexing situations
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently without continuous supervision with the desire and ability to learn and retain new knowledge
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must take and pass a pre-employment, post-offer drug test and adhere to random drug testing policy, as permitted by state and local law.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently without continuous supervision with the desire and ability to learn and retain new knowledge.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Willingness to obtain certifications such as Osha 10 or 30 depending on position on crew, CPR First AID AED, Bloodborne Pathogen, NWSA, Climbing, Rescue, Rigging, Carrier Specific Training, RF Awareness, Fall Protection Training, etc.
- Maintain and enforce all company and OSHA safety practices at all times.
- Standing, Walking, and Climbing for extended periods
- Repetitive Movements for extended periods
- Push / Pull materials and equipment for extended periods
- Lift / Carry materials that are an average weight of 40 pounds, up to 70 pounds Perform work in extreme weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, etc.
- Meet 250 lb. weight requirement to comply with OSHA safety regulations for working at elevated heights.
- Waist circumference must not exceed parameters specified by the manufacturer of safety equipment.
- Physical Exams before start and post-start.
- Must be able to work at heights from an aerial work platform (AWP) such as man-lifts, boom trucks, cranes & other approved equipment.
- Ability to identify all colors associated with telecommunications cable and equipment indicator lights. Ability to connect and disconnect various sizes and types of electronic connectors
- Ability to drive long distances on and off road.
- Ability to work in remote and challenging locations including, but not limited to: rooftops, confined spaces, and all types of geographic locations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore, employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
- A daily rate of $150-250 paid weekly (Depending on position TT1, TT2, TT3, Foreman)
- Daily per diem of $40.00, this will cover all food and beverages for 1 day.
- Hotel accommodations and transportation while active on market.
- Training related to industry standards, project specifics, and self-improvement.
- Suppose the employee terminates employment with Datanet Solutions USA. In that case, the employee is responsible for the cost of all training outside of industry requirements for 12 months of the day of certification being acquired.
- The employee will be on a 90 day trial period; at the end of the trial period, if we have confirmed that you are able to meet all job requirements, you will be eligible to receive all normal and customary benefits offered to regular [full time] employees, benefits are:
- 1 Week vacation and one week of Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance reimbursement up to $1000 a month ($800.00/80% Employer Paid & $200.00/20% Employee Paid)