|Date Posted||October 25, 2022|
|Category|| Tower Climber |
|Job Type|| Full-Time |
|Base Salary||$17 to $32 an Hour|
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
|Street Address||83 Hubble Dr.|
Purpose: Assist in construction, inspection and maintenance of wireless communication towers including ancillary equipment.
- Follow all Safety procedures
- Loading and unloading material
- Preparation and cleaning of Sites
- Climbing towers and ladders at various heights
- Erection of various tower types using various means and methods
- Metal fabrication and structural modifications on existing communication towers
- Installation and modifications of RF components (antenna and line systems)
The above responsibilities represent the major tasks assigned to incumbents on this job title. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all tasks. Therefore, on occasion, incumbents may perform other related tasks.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Tower Technicians work irregular hours and travel frequently (4-6 weeks at a time). They work at great heights and are required to climb vertically carrying their own weight. Must also have the ability to lift 75 lbs on a regular basis. They work outdoors in varying weather conditions which could be extreme.
Company will provide all necessary Safety Training that is required but the following qualifications preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Minimum one year training and/or experience
- OSHA 10-HR Construction Training
- Competent Fall Protection Training
- Competent Rigging Training
- Fundamentals of RF Radiation Training
- Capstan Operations Training
- Hazard Awareness Training
- Crane Spotter and Signal Person Training
- Aerial Lift Operations Training
- First Aid/CPR training'
- On the road
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $32.00 per hour