|Date Posted||November 5, 2021|
|Category|| Tower Climber |
|Job Type|| Full-Time |
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
|Street Address||2910 Kerry Forest Pkwy, D4-109|
Southeastern Towers LLC is small privately owned company that specializes in communications tower maintenance. We are looking for multiple full-time tower climbers to operate out of the Tallahassee, FL and Orlando, FL markets. Our work is centered around public safety, government, and private tower owners. We do not perform cellular work, but that experience is welcome.
Potential candidates should already live in (within reasonable driving distance) or have plans to live in either market. Even though travel is required in any given week from the Tallahassee or Orlando areas, some work is performed locally and you will be home those nights and on weekends. The majority of work is performed in Florida and Georgia with occasional travel anywhere in the southeast.
Typical work includes, but is not limited to, tower inspections, line and antenna systems, lighting systems, ground systems, plumb & tensions, tower installation and demolition, line sweeps, hand/power tools, hoisting/rigging, rappelling, drone services, etc.
Experience is preferred, but is not a hard requirement. Training will be provided.
Hourly rates are based on experience with a minimum base rate of $23/hr.
- Must be able to pass a background test (access to military installations is common)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have or be willing to get the Covid vaccine (and booster shots as required)
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must have reliable transportation
- Guaranteed 40 hour payroll and overtime (when accrued)
- Paid time off/sick leave/personal time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Per diem and travel expenses are provided
- Health insurance (company pays 1/2 of premium)
- All climbing gear (PPE), boots, and tools are provided
- Opportunity for career growth
- Continuous training for greenhorns and experienced technicians is provided
- Opportunity to acquire a Florida electrical contractor’s license (limited energy or lighting maintenance) or general contractor's license (tower specialty) after three years of experience
- Home on weekends (except during rare emergency call outs)
Our typical customers include:
- Lockheed Martin
- Federal/State/Local/Tribal government