|Date Posted||February 26, 2021|
|Category|| Tower Climber |
|Job Type|| Full-Time |
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
|Street Address||Laurel, MD|
If you are looking to join a growing company committed to safety and job stability, TeleWorld Solutions has an exciting career opportunity for you. TeleWorld Solutions, a wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung, offers wireless network operators a multitude of services such as equipment installation, commissioning, maintenance, Construction Management, etc.
As a Tower Technician, you will be responsible to assist in the construction, installation, and maintenance of communication towers and support structures at varying heights.
It is our intent to have you home at night and on weekends, but on occasion you may be asked to travel outside of your local market. You will work at great heights, work irregular hours and work in extreme weather conditions. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and advancement opportunities. Teleworld Solutions also provides a structured training program, this includes in-class and field training. This position will require that the person follow strict safety standards all while performing a high quality of work.
- Comprehensive Training
- Health and Dental Insurance, Vacation, Paid Holidays, etc.
- Climbing and performing construction activities on communications towers for the purpose of installing, replacing, and repairing antenna systems and other tower mounted equipment.
- Proactively recognizing safety hazards. Promote a culture of safety.
- Safely and efficiently complete repairs and upgrades at elevated heights
- Ability to follow instructions to accomplish assigned work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain proper use of company vehicles, credit cards and other assigned assets.
- Ability to climb tall structures (400 feet) with 50 lb. load.
- Analyzing situations accurately and adopt an appropriate course of action.
- Basic use and care of hand tools and mechanical equipment.
- Strong communications skills, oral and written.
- Read customer blueprints and be able to execute the scope of work.
- Ability and willingness to train other team members.
- Must be willing to traveling extensively as required.
- Create pre- and post-work close out packages.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, ability to obtain DOT certification and/or CDL.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency. Military experience is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of tower climbing experience.
- Must be organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be recertified though tower training program despite current certifications.
- Experience with the installation and maintenance of cabling, antennas, microwave dishes, and other tower mounted equipment. This includes new tower construction as well as tower modifications.
- Ability to operate test equipment (i.e., RF sweep gear, PIM, and fiber testing)
- Must know how to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be willing to undergo a background check.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening and subject to random drug screening throughout employment.