|Date Posted||August 19, 2021|
|Category|| Tower Hand |
|Job Type|| Full-Time |
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
|Street Address||3028 E Sunset Rd|
Founded upon the vision of providing unparalleled expertise in the communications field, Wecom Inc. strives to develop superior communications networks for our users through state-of-the-art technology, network design, leadership, and partnerships. Wecom takes pride in the knowledge and standard of work provided to our customers, in a field that continues growing at an alarming rate. Working alongside some of the largest telecommunications companies in the world, Wecom Inc. is looking for self-motivated leaders looking to grow themselves, and our company along the way.
At Wecom Inc., we understand that our team is our biggest asset. Offering a lucrative benefits package and contagious company culture, come see why we are different than your average telecommunications company.
Job Title: Tower Top Hand
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Summary: The Tower Tech III (TTIII) will specialize in maintenance, installation, and decommissioning of cellular tower components such as coaxial cable, antennas, radios, fiber optic cable, DC power cable, and broadcast equipment for cell phones. Tower Tech III’s will lead and assist in the construction, installation, and maintenance of communications tower and support structures.
The Tower Tech III understands the hazards associated with tower climbing, construction equipment, and working on or near energized lines and equipment. The Tower Tech III will be able to analyze situations accurately and adopt an appropriate course of action. The successful Tower Tech III is knowledgeable and proficient in all aspects of running the tower top and bottom, with attention to all jobs being completed quickly, accurately, and efficiently.
This position is deemed “safety sensitive.”
- Maintain, install, and decommission cellular tower components such as coaxial cable, antennas, radios, fiber optic cable, DC power cable, and broadcast equipment for cell phones.
- Climb cellular towers to lead in installation, replacement, and troubleshooting of wireless equipment based on direction from Foreman and Construction Manager.
- Act as a team lead and mentor to less experienced Tower Technicians.
- Assist crew / Foreman lead in daily preparation of job tasks and execute Crew Leader’s construction plan.
- Maintain and exhibit a great understanding of sector/antenna configurations, jumper and coax routing, RET settings and cabling.
- Training and use of SWEEP, PIM, Fiber Test, VOLT Meter gear (or general understanding).
- Lead the crew on the tower.
- Learn and assist with the Tower Foreman tasks; fill-in for Tower Forman as necessary.
- Installation/de-installation of transmission lines, connectors, antenna and accessories.
- Maintain an understanding for color coding, weather proofing, grounding, etc., as it pertains to the Scope of Work on hand.
- Read and interpret various construction documents including construction drawings, piping diagrams, job specifications, mounting specs, testing procedures, blue prints, and manufacturer specifications, to ensure proper installation of equipment.
- Follow all state and federal safety regulations (OSHA, local turf vendor, etc.) while working in an efficient and productive manner.
- Travel when required
- Manage confidential information
- Regular and consistent attendance
- Perform other duties as assigned
Educations and Qualifications:
Must have high school diploma or equivalent. Must possess the ability to run the top independently; demonstrated proficiency with Gin Pole and Capstan Hoist. Requires proven knowledge of sector/antenna configurations, jumper & coax routing, RET settings, and cabling; proven knowledge and successful completion of Tower/Rescue training/certification with proficiency in Tower Rescue; CPR/First Aid certification; personal protective equipment (PPE) provision and use; radio frequency (RF) awareness; tower rigging; ability to operate specialize equipment including but not limited to aerial lift, forklift, backhoe and capstan.
Requires the physical ability to climb 300 vertical feet per day; must be able to lift, carry push and pull up to 100 lbs. There may be the need to work 40+ hour work weeks on occasion; some out of town travel is required. Exposure to noise and outdoor elements.
Must be self-motivated, able to receive and interpret instructions, quick learner and hard working.
The Tower Tech III must hold a valid Driver’s License. Ability to pass a drug test is REQUIRED.
Full Benefit Package; including but not limited to Medical, Vision, Dental. Short Term Disability, AD&D Life Insurance Policy AT NO COST TO EMPLOYEE. 401K Program. Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off. Ability and encouragement for advancement in company.
Wecom Inc. (and its subsidiaries) complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). Wecom Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Company benefits subject to change.