|Date Posted||March 15, 2017|
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
Pillar Innovations, LLC is seeking an Aerial Communications Lineman working out of its location in Morgantown, WV.
Pillar Innovations, LLC is a progressive engineering services company that takes pride in being on the cutting edge of technology. Pillar Innovations offers a diverse product portfolio to fulfill the needs of the energy, mining, environmental and manufacturing sectors. Additionally, it provides services ranging from custom software packages to belt splice monitoring and wireless communications. Regardless of the need, Pillar Innovations is there to provide the safety, communication, and automation systems that our industrial customers depend on to succeed. We invite you to explore opportunities with a rapidly growing organization that encourages career advancement and offers a challenging work environment for its employees.
We offer competitive wages commensurate with experience, outstanding medical, dental and vision benefits, short term and long term disability, life insurance, 401k plan and match, paid holidays and paid time off.
In accordance with our Pillar Innovations’ Drug and Alcohol Policy, prospective employees are required to successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol screenings. Continued employment is subject to random, post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
The Aerial Communications Lineman will be responsible for stringing and maintaining fiber optic cable which includes pulling, tensioning, stranding, and spacing lines. This individual must also be able to troubleshoot, maintain, and repair overhead fiber lines. This position will require proficiency with new cable installs, pole transfers, strand building, lashing, make readies, and equipment mounting. This position requires work to be performed in the Power Space and preference will be granted to applicants that are trained and experienced. The Aerial Communications Lineman must maintain a professional working attitude with co-workers and customers, and be able to record and document job-related information.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have the ability to climb to heights in the 50’ range – appropriate safety training to be provided
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Trained and experienced in working in Power Space (below neutral) area
- Fiber optic and copper cable industry construction, maintenance and testing experience
- Rigging experience preferred
- Use pounding equipment to install ground rods and anchors into the ground
- Install equipment and dress pole to customer specifications using assorted small hand and power tools
- Exercise good judgement, field safety and apply logical reasoning in seeking solutions to problems
- Familiar with national, state, and local building codes
- Proficient at reading and interpreting blueprints, maps, and diagrams
- Experience with bucket trucks, digger derricks, trenchers, and groundwork with utility line crew required.
- High awareness and regard for safety and compliance
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work safely under pressure and in a variety of environments and weather conditions
- Possess communication skills that promote a professional image and attitude to customers and co-workers
- Must be willing to travel and work a flexible work schedule which includes extended hours, out-of-town stay and occasional weekends
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to bend, twist, squat, and lift 75 lbs. and pull his/her own body weight plus equipment weight up poles, and structures repeatedly for long periods of time.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must possess a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment
- This position requires the completion of a thorough background and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening. In accordance with Pillar Innovation’s Drug and Alcohol policy, employees are required to participate in random, post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing as requested.
Pillar Innovations is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities without regard to any protected classes under applicable law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.