|MasTec Network Solutions|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2019|
|Local Hires Only?||Yes, Only Locals Apply|
Install Telecommunications equipment in Central Offices as detailed in engineering specifications, drawings, or as directed by an Installation Supervisor. Familiar with Telco installation and quality standards.
- Familiarity with specifications and drawings required to assemble and integrate telco transmission equipment into a Central Office environment.
- Ability to utilize hand tools required for the installation of transmission equipment including crimpers, wire wrap guns, strippers, wrenches, hammers, drills, stencils, etc.
- Inventory and transport tools/materials as required to the job site.
- Keep the supervisor up to date on individual job progress, material shortages, customer complaints and unsafe or inoperable tools.
- Familiarity with Customer installation and quality standards including IP72202.
- Provide for self-quality check of all portions of job responsible for prior to sign off.
- Assemble, modify and install overhead ironwork, relay racks, transmission equipment and cable ladder.
- Run power, signal and ground cables to interconnect equipment.
- Cut and terminate single, multi-strand and Coax cable with power lugs, multi-pin connectors and BNC connectors. Stencil installed equipment and terminations.
- Establish and maintain a professional rapport with customers, supervisor and Co-workers.
- Maintain and provide accurate departmental paperwork as requested.
- Know all safety and security requirements and follow them implicitly. Assist in maintaining a safe and hazard free work area.
- Dress appropriately for the job environment.
- Become proficient in all phases of installation and testing of equipment to provide for progression in the business.
- High School diploma with one to two years experience in communication installation. Technical school or Military communications background desirable.
- Possess good mechanical skills, an understanding of AC/DC wiring, metal/steel construction. Must be dependable, responsive, have good communication skills and have a willingness to learn. One year or less of installation experience.