|Vertical Limit Construction|
|Date Posted||December 27, 2018|
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
Vertical Limit wants you!
Join a #1 team! You can bring your experience and a strong will to work. Your experience will reinforce a winning team and foster a new generation of Civil Technicians. Vertical Limit provides a solid benefits package, career advancement and much more. Vertical Limit is looking for Tower Technicians in the Midwest, and Mountain Regions.
As a Civil Technician III you are under the direct supervision of the Civil Foreman and are responsible for performing day to day construction duties as defined by the manager. You are on the front line, playing a role in Vertical Limit’s strategic direction, development, and future growth. You will be working in a team environment helping to build the beginning stages of the infrastructure. The beginning stages consist of helping move both physical and natural materials such as, but not limited to: earth, concrete, wood, stone, and metal at construction sites. You will be expected to utilize hand tools and other resources while effectively assisting in clearing land, excavating, trenching, grubbing, grading, concrete, rebar work, etc.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with the installation of civil equipment and materials
- General landscaping, construct/pour concrete, and layout/tie rebar, etc.
- Testing (compaction, ground, destructive samples etc.)
- Assist Civil Foreman with setting shelters, build culverts, roadways, and collect soil reclamations/corrections
- Assist interpretation of read plans, blue prints, diagrams, sketches, collect and review closeout documentations for site as needed
- Understand oral & written directions regarding traffic laws/regulations, occupational hazards, and safety precautions
- Facilitate teaching other crew members proper techniques
- Site clean up
- Must have knowledge of basic hand tools and willingness to gain experience with additional power tools, heavy equipment, and become mechanically inclined
- Identify proper installation and operation of civil equipment and materials (bobcat, skid steer, backhoe, excavator, sheepsfoot, 1 ½ & 2 ton pickups, dump trucks, etc.)
- Maintain maintenance on the equipment
- Assist Civil Foreman in teaching other crew members as needed
- Maintain clean, orderly environment adhering to company policies and industry regulation/standard(s) (OSHA)
- Attend vendor and in-house training and participate in certification programs as necessary
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Perform miscellaneous job duties as assigned
- Effectively interface will all levels of management, staff, and customers
- Class A CDL
- Experience preferred
- Ability to competently perform the duties of Civil Technician levels 1-2 with ease
- Strict attention to detail and organization
- Pass the following tests prior to employment: drug test, background check, and physical examination evaluation process during training
- Continuously stay CPR/First Aid AED, OSHA 10, and RF Radiation Safety & Awareness certified
- Ability to travel up to 4 weeks at a time, followed by 1 week off; 100% of the time
- Be available for evening, weekends, and rotational assignments; accepting on-call responsibilities
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- High School or GED Equivalent Required
- Microsoft Office product knowledge (i.e. Outlook, Word, Access)
- Ability to effectively utilize the internet
- Ability to distinguish and identify colors/color schemes
- Energetic and mentally prepared
- Ability to meet physical demands of duties
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to bend, lift, twist, squat, kneel, sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to work outside and withstand varied inclement weather conditions [Approx. -20° to 120°F]
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.