|Date Posted||February 15, 2017|
|Local Hires Only?||Yes, Only Locals Apply|
Civil Technician (Wireless)
Betacom Incorporated is seeking experienced Civil Technicians to join our team! With over 25 years serving the wireless industry, Betacom Incorporated delivers comprehensive turnkey network builds as well as other essential infrastructure services, including services to the top carriers nationwide. Betacom Incorporated is held to a level of commitment and integrity that our customers have come to know and trust. Our company is in search of an individual who possesses what it takes to get the job done with speed without sacrificing quality.
We not only encourage, we understand the importance of professional satisfaction and development. With this in mind, Betacom offers an excellent benefits program, competitive pay as well as extensive world-class training opportunities.
Enjoy a rewarding career with Betacom Incorporated, APPLY NOW!
Here is just some of what we have to offer:
• Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
• Life insurance with AD&D
• Short- and long-term disability insurance
• Supplemental Insurance
• 401(k) with 100% company match! (up to 4%)
• Paid vacation
• Paid holidays
• Flex days
• Employee assistance program
• Employee referral program
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Training and certifications
The position will be located in our Southeast market based on Charlotte, NC. Frequent travel as well as driving company owned vehicles may be required. Non-Local candidates applying to for this position must understand that Betacom Incorporated does not cover costs associated with relocation. As a part of our team, you must be dependable as well as motivated with strong installation, repair and maintenance skills related to this specific industry.
Specific qualifications include:
• Good communication skills, reading and writing skills (English)
• OSHA safety courses
• One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Clean Driving Record & Valid Driver’s License (a must) and reliable transportation to and from work.
• Must be able to accommodate out of town travel, if required.
• Working knowledge of basic hand tools, mechanical equipment, and electro-mechanical equipment.
• Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Self-motivated and able to learn quickly.
• Ability to lift over 70 pounds.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
As a Civil Technician you will be responsible for hands on site civil construction in accordance with the given scope of work and available construction documents. They are expected to know and comply with OSHA standards at all times, and are encouraged to seek opportunities to improve and expand their skill set. They may work alone or with a crew, and may be expected to operate power tools and light equipment in the performance of their job including but not limited to:
• Performs various construction activities, including, but not limited to: site preparation, installation and grounding of equipment, demolition work, landscaping, fencing, facilities maintenance and repair
• Performs preoperational safety checks on equipment and vehicles prior to use, maintain all tools, equipment and vehicles in proper working condition.
• Installs, connects and tests underground and above ground grounding systems
• Performs concrete forming, pouring, and finishing
• Performs light carpentry work
• Performs running underground or above ground conduit
• Inventories, loads, unloads, identifies and distributes materials to appropriate location according to the Crew Leader’s direction.
• Performs various construction activities, including, but not limited to: excavation, underground utility installation, rebar fabrication and tying, concrete forming, placement and finishing, ice bridge installation, installation and grounding of equipment, site prep work including small scale grading and placement of ground cover, landscaping, and facilities maintenance and repair such as doors, coax ports, cable trays etc. in shelter sites.
• Additional duties as assigned
Finalists for this position can expect to submit to a Criminal History Background, Motor Vehicle and Pre-Employment Drug Screening.
Civil Technician (Wireless)