|Location||Coral Springs, FL|
|Date Posted||February 15, 2017|
|Local Hires Only?||Yes, Only Locals Apply|
Overall Function: Responsible for implementation, coordination, installation, and/or oversight of a wide variety of activities for complex network cable wiring systems for voice, data, and video. Position may require added duties, functions, or projects on a needed basis or at the discretion of management. Duties include, but are not limited to, the items listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use of construction drawings, schematic diagrams, BICSI specifications, EIA/TIA codes and system-defined standards to move or install new communications
- Measure, cut, assemble and install conduit, pathways, install related structured cable components and necessary terminations.
- Use specialized testing devices and system-defined standards to test compliance requirements and document results.
- Ensure standard quality levels are met with respect to fire stoppage, construction regulations, EIA/TIA codes and BICSI structured cabling standards.
- Lift, carry and move cable and equipment as
- Work with unshielded twisted pair, single and multi-mode fiber optic, coaxial cable and all other types of limited energy cable.
- Use diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot problems, or repair cable (cable tester, fiber-optic light source and power meter, laptop computers, continuity testers).
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot intra-building fiber-optic cables. Terminate all fiber-optic connectors, manufacture and provide fiber patch Maintain and troubleshoot outside plant inter-building fiber-optic cables, or equivalent and oversee contractors.
- Troubleshoot complaints and/or end user related concerns.
- Certify data wiring and monitor, inspect, and conduct all tests required, ensuring all system component connections are operating properly.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of cabling infrastructure and electronic components required for networking.
- Considerable knowledge of NFPA regulations, EIT/TIA codes, BICSI standards, etc.
- Ability to install structure cabling components that meet the needs of the system.
- Ability to read construction drawings, schematic diagrams, and system-defined infrastructure standards.
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate records.
Requirements to Perform Essential Job Functions:
- Occasionally, the employee will need to lift objects up to 75 lbs. and be able to exert up to 100 lbs. of force.
- Must be able to operate a variety of equipment and tools including diagnostic and testing equipment, hand tools, and power tools.
- Must have minimal levels of eye/hand/foot coordination.
- Must be able to go through and work in very confined spaces.
- Must be able to work outdoors in hot and very cold conditions, including indoors (such as commercial/industrial freezer with subzero temperatures).
- Must be able to climb and work on tall ladders – up to 30 ft.
- Must be able to work on miscellaneous types of lifts, etc. – up to 250 ft.
- Must be able to work standing/walking prolonged periods in excess of 8 hours.
- Requires the ability to read variety of correspondences, manuals, instructions, journals, etc.
- Requires the ability to utilize basic mathematics (add, subtract, multiply, divide, utilize decimals and percentages, English-to-metric conversions).
- Ability to effectively interface and collaborate with customers.
- Ability to present themselves and their work in a professional manner to management and to customers.
- Prepare and complete forms, reports, documentation, etc., and be able to apply basic rules of grammar, punctuation, dictation, and style.
- Requires the ability to communicate and direct people to convey or exchange information; includes receiving instructions assignments or directions from superiors.
- Fields of vision required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to differentiate between specific colors and shades of colors on cable wires, etc.
- Should have basic hand tools for installation of data cabling systems and have fiber optic hand-tools.
Education and Computer Experience:
- High school diploma or GED supplemented by either an Associate’s Degree in related field, or vocation training in applicable field or 1 to 2 years of experience which includes required skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Be financially self-sufficient to support yourself for discretionary spending as well as incidental (reimbursable) business expenses.
- Possess a credit card and a U.S. bank account (WGC transfers pay and expenses electronically into its employees’ accounts).
- Be able to pass background check through local Port Authorities.
- Possess or obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC). (Note: Employees are not reimbursed for TWIC fees).
- Be able to obtain applicable Port badge.
- Attend commercial safety training
U.S. Citizen, Possess A:
- U.S. Passport
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Valid Social Security Card
- Valid Driver License (Florida or other state)
Resident Alien, Non-U.S. Citizen, Posses A:
- Valid Passport of your country of origin
- Valid Permanent Resident Card or other ID indicating legal status to work in the United Sates
- Valid Social Security card
- Valid Driver License (Florida or other state)
- Possess an active Passport
- Acquire Permanent Resident Card (“Green Card”) for working purposes
Recommended for all Technicians:
- Utilize a laptop and must be computer literate.
- Must be able to work with electronic documents, and proficient in Excel and Word.
- Possess a cell phone to main communication when traveling.
- Obtain basic hand tools for installation of data cabling systems; fiber optic hand tools is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.