|Location||Coral Springs, FL|
|Date Posted||February 15, 2017|
|Local Hires Only?||Yes, Only Locals Apply|
Overall Function: The Documentation Specialist is responsible for creating and maintaining technical and business documentation, training, and communication materials for internal and external use. A significant portion of the documentation is related to information technology controls, including IT compliance and security. This position reports directly to the Documentation Supervisor.
Position may require added duties, functions, or projects an as needed basis or at the discretion of management. Duties include, but are not limited to, the items listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and write technical information online or in print.
- Produce a significant portion of a complex documentation set that complies with documentation plan requirements.
- Develop complex user scenarios that demonstrate the use of product.
- Conduct careful analysis to design and write the documentation associated with the project.
- Document photos and layouts of the job site for customer’s approval.
- Communicate with project managers, field engineers, site personnel, customers, and contractors on related projects.
- Support development of standardized documents and templates.
- Create plans to ensure system compliance, including writing and editing of documentation.
- Strict attention to detail; adherence to rigid guidelines and processes; ability to validate, update and maintain accurate records.
- Maintain (check-in, check-out) the Project Library hard copy and electronic copy.
- Ensure Master Documents Lists for all libraries are maintained and current.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of AutoCAD; ability to read and edit drawings; create plot files for client end documentation.
- Maintain knowledge of Photoshop to update and maintain network design and cabling documentation.
- Manage data on server; accurately compile files to designated location.
- Complete final documentation binders in bulk for customers; include the process of printing docs, insertion of documents and labeling tabs.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to adjust to changing priorities; work well under pressure.
- Demonstrate knowledge of AutoCAD, or must have the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of the software.
- Capable of working independently with limited supervision.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to operate a variety of high-speed digital printing production and office equipment.
- Must be able to lift, carry or otherwise move objects up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position about 60% of the time.
- Occasionally move within the office to access file cabinet or office machinery, etc.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods; working on computer for up to 8 hours a day.
Education and Computer Experience:
- Associate’s Degree and 6-12 months of work related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience with a minimum of 2 years’ work experience in the related field.
- Proficiency in Photoshop or similar software.
- Highly proficient in Excel, AutoCAD and Microsoft Visio.
- Prior computer or software training and certifications if applicable.