|True North Tower|
|Location||Sauk Rapids, MN|
|Date Posted||February 1, 2018|
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
True North Tower is a regional telecommunications company based in Minnesota. We have immediate openings for Field Supervisors and Tower Technicians.
In addition to working for a great company with great benefits, WE ARE ALSO OFFERING A SIGN-ON BONUS AND WINTER WEATHER BONUSES (details provided during interview process). The position offers a competitive benefits package and significant opportunity for professional growth in the rapidly expanding telecommunications industry. Serious inquiries only.
The Tower Technician performs construction, inspection, general repair and maintenance on communication towers and associated high frequency antennas/subsystems. This position requires significant travel and deployment of up to 1 month at a time. Responsibilities include construction, antenna and lighting installation and repairs, tower repair and maintenance.
- Work independently and under limited supervision, on a variety of construction, repair, and/or maintenance projects including installation of antennas, feed lines, fiber, shelters, self-support towers, guy towers, and monopoles at heights 200’ and above
- Operate survey equipment (Compass, Alignment Tool etc…). Ability to run test equipment (Sweeps, PIM, Fiber, Microwave, etc.)
- Read and understand drawings, diagrams and schematics.
- Knowledge of correctly and safely rigging a tower, monopole, self-supporting towers and any other types of antenna support structures.
- Experience working with various carriers and general contractors, previous tower experience with AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile being a plus.
- Knowledge of crane signals and properly demonstrate with proficiency
- Familiar with antenna and radio mounts and brackets.
- Complete knowledge of customer color codes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of weather seals, connectors and ground kits.
- Understand procedures involved with inspection of physical structures.Other Requirements
Additional Requirements :
- Pass the following tests prior to employment: drug test, background check, and physical examination evaluation process during training
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Maintain CPR/First Aid AED, OSHA 30, RF Radiation Safety & Awareness, Anritsu, PIM, and Competent Climber certifications and have a full understanding of all fall protection and safety procedures (must pass all safety training requirements, such as but not limited to: Comtrain basic climbing and rescue, RF safety, basic rigging principles and first aid)
- Be available for evening, weekends, and rotational assignments; accepting on-call responsibilities
- Ability to use office equipment (i.e. computer, copier, scanner, fax)
- Ability to work outside and withstand varied inclement weather conditions.
Punctuality, initiative, attention to detail, and the will to get the job done right the first time are core components of this position. If you possess all of these qualities and want to be part of a successful, growing company that has been around for 40 years.
True North Offers:
- Full benefits package offered after 90 day probationary period, including health, dental, Simple IRA, life & accident insurance, short term disability, long term disability
- Company paid hotel rooms, per diem paid out with direct deposit payroll
- Transportation to and from all job sites in new Ford trucks
- Top of the line climb gear and all PPE provided
- Sign on bonus paid out on first payroll. Must be employed and in good standing with the company for 6 months or bonus will be repaid.
- Rapid advancement to those who have the desire to learn and be a leader
About True North Tower
True North Tower is based in St. Cloud, MN. Our service area is mainly the upper Midwest (MN, WI, SD, ND, IA, NE & IL). True North Tower celebrated its 40th anniversary as a business in 2016. We are proud to be one of the founding members of NATE. Our services and capabilities as a tower company include, but are not limited to: cellular, microwave, tower modifications, site inspections and mapping, all areas and facets of gin pole work, AM/FM services and site audits. At this time our main focus is cellular construction.
Local hires are preferred, but we do also offer a travel program for out-of-state hires for which rotation is minimum six weeks on with one week off, all airfare / travel costs paid for by the company. Alternatively, relocation assistance is available if needed.