|Location||Utica, New York|
|Date Posted||January 9, 2020|
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
KMM Telecommunications is looking for a motivated and skilled Lead Tower Technician to join our Team of Telecommunications Professionals in the Upstate New York/Washington/Oregon/California Markets. We are looking for an individual that values hard-work and trust, and wants to be part of a Team that values the same. This position would be the 2nd in command on a 3 or 4 person Tower Crew (Current Tower Technicians that are experienced and looking to further their careers and be the Lead Hand on a Crew will also be considered for this position).
= SIGN ON BONUS: $3,000.00 =
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform installation, inspection and maintenance services for wireless radio and antenna systems on towers, rooftops and other elevated structures in conjunction with the Crew Foreman and Tower Technician(s).
- Perform ground-based civil scopes when applicable in support of radio systems cabling, grounding, interconnects and/or conduits.
- Complete work on time, efficiently, and profitably.
- Adhere to KMM and Industry safety and quality control requirements at all times; Ensure lower level Tower Technicians adhere to the same.
- Identify and work with all required materials, tools and equipment needed to complete assigned work.
- Communicate effectively with Crew Foreman, and other Crew members at all times.
- Assist Crew Foreman with execution of all manner of site related duties/responsibilities, including Close-out documentation.
- Assist with training and skill development for less experienced Tower Technicians.
- Dedication to continued training and professional development.
- Maintain equipment and vehicles in a clean and operational condition at all times.
- Interact professionally with Customer Representatives.
- Help KMM grow and develop the KMM Market Team and the overall Company Brand.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum 2-3 years tower construction experience preferred.
- Comtrain or equivalent climbing certification preferred (Training will be provided by KMM otherwise).
- Knowledge of diagnostic test equipment preferred (Sweep/Fiber/PIM testing, etc).
- Must be flexible to work overtime (weekend and evening work sometimes required).
- Must be flexible to work out of Market when/where required as site locations dictate.
- Must be comfortable climbing and working at heights on towers, rooftops, water towers and other elevated structures up to 500ft.
What We Offer:
- Competitive wages
- Insurance benefits
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Personal Days
NOTE: KMM is open to discussing the on-boarding of full and/or partial Crews if a Candidate has current Team members that are also interested in possible employment.