|Location||Coral Springs, FL|
|Date Posted||February 15, 2017|
|Local Hires Only?||Yes, Only Locals Apply|
Overall Function: The Shipboard Project Manager manages a team of technicians for projects related to cabling infrastructure deployments onboard Maritime vessels. Project Manager must maintain mission-critical and high-visibility scope. The ideal candidate for this role has a technical leadership background in addition to a deep and modern project management foundation. The Shipboard Project Manager is expected to continually evolve internal development processes/procedures, effectively manage a team and deliver projects on time and budget in a highly diverse, dynamic and evolving environment. Adaptability is a must.
- Understanding of the project approach, responsibilities, and schedule.
- Define team member roles and expectations, and ensure timely feedback. Ensure that project resources receive any necessary training and are used effectively.
- Review, and be responsible for, the overall development and integration of requirements.
- Measure and monitor progress at clearly defined points in the process to ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget, and that it meets or exceeds expectations.
- Define the project iterations strategy. Manage and evaluate iterations.
- With other leads, develop, implement, and maintain the Project Plan, including the configuration management, risk management, project measurement, and quality management plans.
- Ensure that all requirements, project plans, and changes to commitment are communicated to all affected team members.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations. Manage relationships with subcontractors and customers.
- Participate in quality management reviews.
- Represent the project team in IT and Business meetings. Obtain buy-in from senior management for all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, quality assurance plans, budget, schedule, and scope changes.
- Ensure that the end product fulfills the contract and meets the customers’ expectations.
Travel: Approximately 100%. Travel is required for each project for actual deployments.
Reporting Structure: Project Manager will report directly to the Vice President, Mike Dowd.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience in Project Management, preferably in a technical environment (Ship Project experience preferred).
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of people with varying technical skill sets and business knowledge is required (from the very abstract to the very granular.)
- Proven team leadership or project management experience.
- Must have strong technical shipboard infrastructure experience.
- Must have excellent communication (oral and written) and interface effectively with all levels of management as well as the technical team, and concisely, logically and accurately present issues verbally and in written format.
- Effectively coordinate communications between/among cross functional teams, resolve conflict and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong problem-solving, supervisory experience and team leadership skills.
- Must be a strong team player and have good interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Fosters a team environment and demonstrates the ability to promote the team environment, yet work individually on each person’s skill development.
- Must possess excellent organizational, time management, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Reliable, self-motivated, and focused on high quality delivery of work products; willing to accept responsibility and accountability.
- Outstanding motivational, people and task management skills