|Date Posted||September 10, 2018|
|Local Hires Only?||Yes, Only Locals Apply|
SureSite Consulting Group, LLC provides complete infrastructure deployment services through its teams of real estate, planning, and engineering, environmental, project management and construction management experts. Our regional offices are located in Cleveland, Ohio; Chicago, Illinois; Denver, Colorado; and Los Angeles, California.
We are currently looking for a Tower Climber/Construction Field Technician II to be responsible for network element deployment during the telecom implementation (TI) phase of the project. The Construction Field Technician II will perform mostly hardware delivery and installation of the product. The Construction Field Technician II will ensure that all work is completed to the satisfaction of the customer in accordance with defined specifications and technical standards and those requirements for health, safety and quality are maintained at the highest levels throughout the implementation cycle.
- Hardware Installation Management (50%) – Work on a crew of three or four field technicians that will be installing, erecting, maintaining, repairing, removing, or retrofit towers and rooftop antenna systems. As well as, perform of third party inspections.
- Hardware Commissioning (10%) – Commission (test) hardware in accordance with the prevailing contractual share of the responsibility, specifications and quality requirements and document progress in the applicable “Site Folder”.
- Documentation (10%) – Construction Field Technicians II are responsible to log all installation, test, close out and inspection results as directed by the Construction Field Manager or Construction Field Technician III. The Construction Field Technician II is responsible to report hours worked daily.
- Quality (20%) – The Construction Field Technician II is responsible to assist in escalating all QA deficiencies to the Construction Field Manager or Construction Field Technician III that can’t be cleared.
- Fault and Discrepancy Reporting (10%) – The Construction Field Technician II will be responsible for managing the contents of an assigned commissioning kit for the issuance of fault and/or discrepancy reports to document kit churn. He/she will assist in ensuring defective components are promptly returned for replacement processing and will document and report equipment and material shortages immediately.
- The Construction Field Technician II will be responsible for assisting the Construction Field Manager or Construction Field Technician III on the installation of all network elements installed on site and other equipment as applicable and directed by management.
- At least three years of industry experience.
- At least a High School Diploma/GED.
- Anritzu / PIM / fiber testing certification (preferred)
- Connector certification (Andrew, PPC, CommScope, etc.) (preferred)
- Previous experience working aloft in man lifts or climbing.
- Knowledge of SWEEP and PIM equipment.
- Understanding of basic architecture of GSM, UMTS and LTE.
- Understand some RF Design for sites. RFDS knowledge.
- Knowledge of power and hand tools for construction.
- Understanding of basic RF and grounding safety standards for installation.
- Knowledge of either civil construction or electrical work.
- Ability to fabricate tower hardware and accessories to maintain, repair, and retrofit towers and antenna systems in order to support communication system operation using fixed and portable power tools and equipment.
- Develop leadership skills as part of continuous improvement in order to gain the necessary knowledge and skills in the future to train and transfer knowledge to less experienced construction field technicians.
- Understand both written and spoken English.
Reports to: Construction Field Technician III or Construction Field Manager
Other: see below
- Some work will occasionally be under adverse conditions (e.g. high towers, inclement weather, remote sites, etc.) throughout the nation using safety equipment and hand, power and specialty tools.
- Must transport required equipment and materials to work locations including remote areas to perform functions of the job using appropriate company and specialty vehicles.
- Current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with satisfactory record for the last three years.
- In-depth understanding of telecommunications hardware installation and turfing.
- Must be able to maintain constant communication and interact successfully with team and customer alike to understand project requirements.
- Must work well in a team environment and be able to work with a diverse group of people.
- Possess and exhibit a strong positive attitude toward customer service and be diplomatic in resolving issues.
- Overtime required as needed.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs of equipment.
- Requires the ability to work for long periods of time in a strong RF environment area.
- Requires working during the maintenance window hours (9:00 pm to 6:00 am)
Job’s Normal Work Environment:
- The work environment involves some physical risks and hazardous conditions.
- The position requires the use of standard installation equipment for cell sites. (Power tools, DC crimpers, thermoweld, hand tools, etc.)
- The position will require working on cell towers, either in a man-lift or climbing.
Visit us at www.sure-site.com