|Date Posted||March 15, 2017|
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
Pillar Innovations, LLC is a progressive engineering services company that takes pride in being on the cutting edge of technology. Pillar Innovations offers a diverse product portfolio to fulfill the needs of the energy, mining, environmental and manufacturing sectors. Additionally, it provides services ranging from custom software packages to belt splice monitoring and wireless communications. Regardless of the need, Pillar Innovations is there to provide the safety, communication, and automation systems that industrial customers need to succeed. Pillar Innovations is a rapidly-growing company that offers a fun and challenging work environment with a wealth of opportunities for professional growth.
Pillar Innovations offers competitive wages commensurate with experience, outstanding medical, dental and vision benefits, short-term and long- term disability, life insurance, 401k, paid holidays and paid time off.
Pillar Innovations is now accepting applications for a full-time Tower Communications Climber. The Tower Communications Climber will beresponsible for climbing communication towers, up to 300’, for the purpose of installing, repairing, constructing and maintaining various communication systems. The Tower Communications Climber will be assigned to work on various tasks and projects, that may include but not be limited to: Line and Antenna Installation, Microwave and Dish Installs, Trouble Shooting, Tower Inspections, Tower Maintenance, etc.. Candidates will be required to maintain rigid safety standards, while performing quality work in a fast-paced environment. Candidates must be flexible and willing to perform call-out, extended, and weekend work. This position will require travel with over-night and out-of-town work.
The Tower Communications Climber will be based out of the Pillar Innovations’ office, located in Morgantown, West Virginia. Areas of operations include, but are not limited to: Maryland, Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and New Jersey.
In accordance with our Pillar Innovations’ Drug and Alcohol Policy, prospective employees are required to successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol screenings. Continued employment is subject to random, post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
- Understand and strictly adhere to safety and quality guidelines without deviation
- Safely and efficiently complete repairs and upgrades at elevated heights.
- Observe and report possible compound/equipment defects or hazards
- Ensure that Job Safety Assessment (JSA) requirements are identified, documented and followed
- Accurately follow instructions and complete assigned course of action in accordance with scope of work and methods of procedures (MOPs) and track work via checklists
- Accurately and timely document job costs, including labor hours and material
- Read customer blueprints and execute scope of work per the customer’s specifications
- Identify potential value added sales opportunities to increase company revenue
- Expansion and upgrades to established major cellular carrier networks
- Pre-Work and Post-Work site audits
- Cellular radio and antenna swaps
- Legacy cable plant upgrades from coaxial cable to fiber
- Site upgrades
- Capacity expansion
- 1+ years of experience in tower climbing or 2 to 3 years of construction labor experience that required elevated working conditions
- Current tower climber or competent climber and rescue certification from CITA, ComTrain, Safety LMS, Gravtech or equivalent preferred but not required
- Ability to work at heights upwards of 300’
- Previous experience in installing and maintaining the following: (Preferred but not required.)
- Coaxial cabling
- Omni, directional and parabolic antennas and dishes
- Knowledge of and ability to operate test equipment (i.e. RF sweep gear, PIM and fiber testing) (Preferred but not required)
- Must possess rigid safety standards and a proven record of safety
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers and customers
- Possess a working knowledge of personal computers and software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and AutoCAD
- Able to work a flexible schedule and adjust to changing business needs, which will involve call-out, extended, weekend, out-of-town and overnight work
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to bend, twist, squat and lift 75 lbs. and pull his/her own body weight plus equipment weight up a vertical tower repeatedly for long periods of time.
- Must be comfortable climbing and working at heights up to 300ft.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must possess a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment
- This position requires the completion of a thorough background and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening. In accordance with Pillar Innovation’s Drug and Alcohol policy, employees are required to participate in random, post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing as requested.
Pillar Innovations is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities without regard to any protected classes under applicable law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.