|Date Posted||October 10, 2017|
|Local Hires Only?||Yes, Only Locals Apply|
Communications Tower Construction Manager (Wireless)
Betacom Incorporated is seeking an experienced Tower Construction Manager to join our team!With over 25 years serving the wireless industry, Betacom Incorporated delivers comprehensive turnkey network builds as well as other essential infrastructure services, including services to the top carriers nationwide. Betacom Incorporated is held to a level of commitment and integrity that our customers have come to know and trust. Our company is in search of an individual who possesses what it takes to get the job done with speed without sacrificing quality.
We not only encourage, we understand the importance of professional satisfaction and development. With this in mind, Betacom offers an excellent benefits program, competitive pay as well as extensive world-class training opportunities.
Enjoy a rewarding career with Betacom Incorporated, APPLY NOW!
Here is just some of what we have to offer:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Life insurance with AD&D
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401(k) with 100% company match! (up to 4%)
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Flex days
- Employee assistance program
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Training and certifications
*Must have Wireless industry experience working with T-Mobile, Verizon and Sprint*
Would be a plus to have worked on Ericsson projects.
The position will be located in our Southeast Markets. Frequent travel as well as driving company owned vehicles may be required. Non-Local candidates applying to for this position must understand that Betacom Incorporated does not cover costs associated with relocation. As a part of our team, you must be dependable as well as motivated with strong installation, repair and maintenance skills related to this specific industry.
Specific qualifications include:
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four years or more of related tower and construction experience and/or training.
- Good communication skills, reading and writing skills (English)
- Excellent computer skills. Advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook) and project management software
- Clean Driving Record & Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must be able to accommodate out of town travel, if required.
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools, mechanical equipment, and electro-mechanical equipment.
- ComTrain, OSHA30, RF Awareness Training, First AID/CPR trained.
- Must have experience with Anritsu Site Master, Andrew, PPC, tower mapping and antenna equipment.
- Must have experience stacking self-support towers, installing waveguide, antennas and microwave dishes.
- RF Awareness, replacement and maintenance i.e. coax, jumpers, TMA’s, connectors and weatherproofing
- Highly organized and be able to effectively report verbally and written reports back to the Operations Manager or Director.
- Experience in managing employees – hiring, terminating, completing performance reviews, allocating work, setting schedules, training, etc.
As a Tower Construction Manager you will be responsible managing a range of 1-4 subordinate supervisors (foremen) who supervise a total of range 1-6 employees in the Construction/Tower Field Crews. This position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
This position will carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing all Construction/Tower work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Training & Supervising others in the following areas:
o Installing and modifying sector mounts, T-Booms, platforms and banding of monopoles.
o Installing, testing and repair of antennas, TMA’s, diplexers, duplexers and surge arrestors.
o Installing and testing of all grounding of tower components to include ground rings for tower, shelter, equipment pads and compound.
o Installing and testing of coax and elliptical cable.
o Installing, testing and repair of tower light systems.
- Read, interpret, and build according to design site plans and layouts
- Build according to plans tower and monopole foundations.
- Build according to plans shelter pads and equipment pads
- Coordinate and direct crane requirements and operators.
- Sweep test all lines and equipment, operate sweep test software, read results and send to customer.
- PIM test all lines and equipment, operate PIM test software, read results and send to customer.
- Install, commission and test RET systems.
- Proficiently use GPS alignment tools.
- Coordinate submitting for, acquiring, and closing out permits.
- Manage all data in Betacom tools (Site Manager) and customer tools (Siterra).
- Attends Bid Walks to inspect work areas and determine type of work, materials, and equipment required to be used.
- Conducts Site Surveys as necessary
- Study specifications to plan procedures for project on basis of start and completion dates/times and staffing requirements for each phase of Project/Construction. Create SOW according to site specifications, plans and requirements.
- Determine work force requirements, and establishes production schedules to meet service loads. Estimates worker hour requirements for completion of each job assignment.
- Initiates Job Work Orders for all Construction/Tower Project work.
- Create BOM’s and examines estimates of material, equipment, and production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to insure completeness and accuracy.
- Process and review all paperwork generated from outside office (time- sheets, job sheets, reports, and production records) for accuracy, completeness, and details.
- Initiates list of tools and materials to be ordered/delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules. Directs and coordinates testing and inspecting of equipment for operational performance.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with job production procedures in cooperation with other Field Supervisors to maximize service reliability and minimize costs.
- Requests amendments to or extensions of Job service contracts (change orders).
- Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding quality.
- Acts as liaison between Company, Field Personnel and Customers.
- Operates equipment such as bulldozers, boom trucks and graders and trains workers in equipment operation.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Interprets job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Confers with supervisory personnel to resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
Finalists for this position can expect to submit to a Criminal History Background, Motor Vehicle and Pre-Employment Drug Screening.
Communications Tower Construction Manager (Wireless)
Drug-free work place