|Date Posted||July 15, 2017|
|Local Hires Only?||Yes, Only Locals Apply|
BIG Wireless, LLC is looking to fill the role of an experienced Tower Technician / Top Hand. BIG Wireless is a turnkey communications company specializing in engineering, designing, deploying, and installing microwave networks. BIG is currently working with top manufactures on many different projects and has a desire to grow and expand and looking to do that by hiring quality individuals that meet the expected criteria. BIG offers full health benefits, paid time off vacation along with paid holidays, and retirement. Travel includes per diem, company paid lodging, travel assistance, and paid airfare.
- Self-motivated individuals who have a desire to grow with a company and a strong desire to learn new skills. Individuals must be able to adapt and be flexible with the different types of projects and schedules.
- Applicants must have good situational awareness and a strong understanding of a safe work environment.
- Individuals must understand the importance of punctuality and being able to stay on schedule and on task.
- Applicants must be able to work at heights whether it is a roof top, bucket truck, 150′ monopole, 300′ self-supporting tower, or 600′ guyed tower.
- Applicants must have experience with proper rigging techniques, rope techniques, load lines, tag lines, and capstan hoists.
- Candidates for this position must have a very good understanding on installing microwave antennas from 2′ to 10′ in diameter.
- Applicants need to be able to build antenna mounts and constructing tie-back steel for antenna side struts (stiff-arms).
- Candidates must be able to terminate waveguide, coax, and CAT5.
- Have a basic understanding of testing ,sweeping, and terminating waveguide, coax, or CAT5.
- Applicants should have a basic understanding of DC power plants.
- This position will require travel up to two weeks at a time so willingness to travel out of town is a prerequisite.
- Candidates for this position must be able to pass a drug screen, DOT physical, and a background check.
- A valid state driver’s license is also required for this position.
- 2+ Years Climbing and Installation experience.
- Must be within commuting distance of York, PA (within 50 miles).
- Industry knowledge of proper procedures regarding microwave installations.
- Applicant should have a basic understanding of microwave dish path alignment.
- Industry certifications including ComTrain OSHA 10 Hour, First Aid, CPR/AED, etc.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and work well in a crew environment.
- Computer literate including Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and Internet.
- Alcatel Lucent Antenna Crew Leader Certification a plus or other industry vendor training.
- Understanding of DC and basic AC power.
- Ability to stay on task independently and work in a team environment.
- The ability to work in a team environment as well as independent projects.
We are also considering fully-equipped, established contract crews for some short-term work we have coming up. Work would be in the PA / MD / DE / VA / WV area.