|Date Posted||June 8, 2017|
|Local Hires Only?||Yes, Only Locals Apply|
The Tower Foreman Technician will coordinate and supervise the work of their assigned crew. They will report directly for the Project Manager.
This position will conduct and perform construction duties to complete each project to specification. Projects will include Microwave, LTE, AWS and UMTS installs as well as repairs and upgrades to existing wireless networks. The Tower Foreman Technician will complete each project in a timely manner, with exceptional quality and within budget. They will also be expected to represent Heidrea in a professional and astute manner.
- Frequently climb ladders and towers safely and efficiently to complete various job duties at elevated heights (200ft+) with confidence and little to no supervision.
- Properly follows all safety procedures and policies
- Supervise and coordinate the safety and work of a crew on site.
- Assess worksite for safety issues prior to performing any work, complete daily documentation including site and field reports.
- Perform general construction of tower sites to include, but not limited to: Site layout, erection, installation and maintenance and repair in accordance with specific job orders
- Ensure all closeout documentation has been collected, is accurate and complete.
- Operate sweep gear and test equipment as well as troubleshoot, download, and label components accordantly.
- Coordinates on-site work with Sub-Contractors.
- Maintain a rapport and interface with clients.
- Review all on-site closeout documentation for accuracy, completeness and timelines.
- Assist Safety Coordinator when necessary.
- Responsible for site crew quality, timeliness, accuracy and schedule.
- Responsible for Company assets, i.e. Vehicles, tools, computers, trailers and cameras.
- Responsible for keeping assigned work truck clean both inside and out. Also responsible for locking trucks when unattended.
- Assists in scheduling and managing rental equipment to include calling off equipment.
- Resolve problems that arise with crew and project.
- Take instruction from PM and implement directions to crew.
- Communicate and represent Heidrea with a respectable manner, weather with the public, with co-workers, venders, etc.
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience with tower structures, their components, equipment, and materials used on them and how to properly install and repair them.
- Current ComTrain tower rescue.
- Ability to recognize safety Hazards.
- Extensive knowledge RF sweep testing, and PIM testing equipment.
- knot tying and rigging skills.
- Aerial lift certification.
- Connector training
- OSHA 30 Hour
- CPR and First Aid training
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and DOT Medical clearance and the ability to drive long distances.
- Able to travel out of town on a limited basis as needed.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, construction drawings, piping diagrams, job specification, mounting specs, testing procedures, and antenna RFDS.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Able to meet physical requirements such as standing bending, lifting, and climbing for the duration of shift.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and Physical.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Frequently climb tall structures (200 feet or more) with 50 lb. load. Must be physically fit to accomplish this type of activity without putting oneself or others at risk.
- 90% of work is outdoors and year-round and occasionally in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests.
- Clear visual ability, with or without correction
- Ability to reach and stretch repetitively
- Ability to walk, stand and bend for long periods of time
– Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
– Long Term Short Term & Life insurance
– Paid Time Off
– Paid Holidays
– 401K Retirement Plan
– Training and Certification Programs