|Advanced Communications Technology|
|Date Posted||June 19, 2017|
|Local Hires Only?||Yes, Only Locals Apply|
Advanced Communications is a fast-growing leader in the wireless industry, on a mission to be the ultimate enabler of wireless connectivity. Our talented team offers dedicated in-house services to build, modify and maintain wireless networks and supporting infrastructure to meet the evolving needs of our clients.
We are headquartered in Baltimore, MD with offices in Jupiter, Florida and Tennessee. Our company self-performs all services needed for Project Management, Construction Services, Construction Management, Electrical and more. Our customers include national and regional wireless carriers and private industries who are trying to meet ever-increasing capacity and coverage demands.
Every project we do is powered by the hard-working, highly capable hands of the Advanced Communications team. We offer a dynamic, collaborative, high energy work environment where every individual has the opportunity to positively impact exciting, next-generation networks to support the future of communication.
Working with Advanced Communications:
- All employees must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Advanced Communications is a drug-free workplace.
- It is our company policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to any applicant or employee, irrespective of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or any other legally protected characteristic. Equal opportunity for employment shall also be extended to those qualified individuals with handicaps who apply for or are employed by Advanced Communications.
Tower Foreman is responsible for daily supervision of their assigned crew. They review scopes of work assigned while ensuring safety, quality, timelines and financial expectations are met.
- Climbing and working on communications towers for the purpose of installing, replacing, and repairing antenna systems equipment; performs tower maintenance under close supervision.
- Able to deal with unforeseen problems with a crew member and/or project
- Able to maintain professionalism at all times
- Can perform all duties of Technician 1, 2, 3 with ease
- Can read and comprehend construction drawings, including electrical one-line
- Has knowledge of ALL tasks related to a project
- Maintains rapport with Advanced Communications clients and is able to interface with them
- Prepare photo compliance documentation
- Reports directly to Construction Manager
- Responsible for all safety paperwork (JHA, JSA)
- Responsible for all work performance on a site, and outcome
- Responsible for Company’s assets i.e. vehicles, computers, cameras, tools, trailers, PPE, credit cards, etc.
- Responsible for coordinating daily material needs with the Warehouse Manager prior to the day the materials are needed.
- Responsible for dailies as needed and report to Construction Manager daily as to site progress and any foreseen issues that may arise
- Responsible for making sure the job site is clean and orderly on a daily basis
- Responsible for reporting crews time for payroll
- Responsible for transferring data from laptops to the shared Network, sweeps, photos, notes in a timely manner
- Responsible for verifying BOMS
- Site Safety Enforcement Coordinator – Ensure that all employees on site have the proper PPE.
- Supervises and coordinates the work of his crew
- Understand the installation of tower grounding
- Willingness to take hands on approach in leading their team through demonstration.
- Excellent leadership, management, planning and motivation skills
- Strong analysis and observation skills
- Hard working and ability to work under high stress circumstances
- Tremendous presence of mind to avoid accidents
- Must have High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have 4+ years of experience climbing and working on towers
- Must have experience stacking communication towers, install waveguide, antennas and microwave dishes.
- Current Comtrain or equivalent certification in Tower Climbing Safety and Rescue Certification, OSHA trained, safety trained, Anritsu certified and First AID/CPR trained.
- RF Awareness, replacement and maintenance i.e. coax, jumpers, TMA’s, connectors and 1`1`weatherproofing
- At least four years of experience in Telecommunication and Wireless Construction
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions (extreme heat or cold)
- Be continuously and clearly aware of surroundings
- Multiple climbs per day. Push and pull objects
- Put on and use personal protective, fall prevention, and fall arrest equipment
- Read documents and maps. Read gauges, dials, and equipment
- Tie and untie small and large ropes
- Use small and large hand and power tools. Use writing implements, as well as computer keyboard and personal computer
- Walk, stand, kneel, stoop, and bend. Work at extreme heights (towers/ladders 300 feet tall). Lift and carry gear bags and safety equipment 50 lbs. or more
- Work may be conducted during daylight and nighttime hours
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK: 40 +/-
TRAVEL: As required.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility which will ever be required of an employee in this position. However, the employee will be held responsible for all duties assigned.