|East Tex Tower|
|Location||Colorado Springs, CO|
|Date Posted||March 13, 2018|
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
Who We Are:
EasTex Tower LLC is a Total Turnkey Supplier of Telecommunication Infrastructure Design and Implementation throughout the Wireless Industry. We are actively engaged in all aspects of Telecommunications Design and Construction including; Rawland Site Builds, Antenna and Line Installs/Upgrades, Microwave Installation, Microwave Radio Installation/Commissioning, Civil and Electrical Installations. EasTex Tower Currently maintains office locations in Colorado Springs, Co; Longview, TX; Oklahoma City, OK; and a new facility in Albuquerque, NM. We are comprised of a strong family of men and women who operate as teammates. We are proud of the collective, team-oriented atmosphere that drives this company to excellence. We desire every member of our team to advance in knowledge and skill and to pursue exceptional performance and safety. EasTex Tower is also heavily involved in Industry Standards and Safety Organizations, including NATE, NWSA, and TIA.
EasTex Tower, LLC is actively looking to add new members to our exciting and growing Team. We are currently seeking a Tower Foreman for our Albuquerque, NM location. We would prefer 5 Years’ Experience as a Tower Industry Foreman with experience in Tower Construction, Antenna and Line Installations, Microwave Installations, and Tower Modifications. Successful candidates can look forward to an energetic, family atmosphere in a very prosperous and growing industry.
- Health Insurance with HSA
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Boot Allowance per year
- Per Diem for Personal Use
- Transportation Provided
- Personal and Vacation Days
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Plan and schedule work activities to efficiently utilize all crew members and equipment assigned to you.
- Responsible for crew profitability on the job and meeting schedule completion dates.
- Responsible for the quality of workmanship and safety performed by the crew on the job site.
- Climb various heights on multiple type structures.
- Perform installation of antennas, mounts, cable ladders, cable, etc.
- Participate in new tower construction.
- Perform routine and special circumstance tower maintenance.
- Hold tailgate meetings before beginning work and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Ensure crew members complete their daily PPE inspection prior to any climbing
- Prepare weekly time sheets and expense reports for your crew, safety logs, vehicle logs, etc.
- Maintain company vehicle and trailer in a clean and presentable condition.
- Assist in trouble shooting a variety of electronic components from cell/microwave sites to lighting systems
- Recognize safety hazards and perform all duties in a safe manner.
- Maintain a professional working attitude with co-workers and customers.
- Continue industry education and knowledge on an ongoing basis.
- Mentor and train tower hands to enhance the performance of the team.
- Uphold quality workmanship surpassing industry standards.
Required Knowledge / Competencies:
- Must have valid Driver’s License and the ability to obtain a DOT physical certification. CDL Class A certification a plus
- Must be able to pass a background check for government security clearances
- General tower and fall protection safety knowledge and ability to utilize 100% tie off techniques at all times
- Ability to properly inspect and use PPE
- Construction and maintenance experience of Self-Support and Guyed towers, monopoles and antenna structures
- Basic Rigging ability to utilize the proper ropes, blocks and tackles. Gin pole experience preferred
- Knowledge of using transits, compass, set azimuths to standard engineering processes
- Antenna alignment tool experience
- Install wireless antenna mounts and antennas for microwave and cellular communication systems
- Sweep & PIM testing experience. Anritsu gear preferred
- Fiber scope and ODTR testing experience
- Equipment certifications; forklifts and boom lifts
- Must have complete knowledge on use and care of basic hand tools and power tools
- Must have reliable transportation to and from office location
- Must be willing to travel and be able to work within a non-structured schedule, i.e., long hours, weekends, etc.
- Mechanically inclined
- Self-Motivated and able to learn efficiently
- Team oriented
Job Related Certifications:
- OSHA 30
- Competent Climber
- Competent Rescue
- First Aid/CPR
- Basic knowledge and understanding of DOT driver qualifications
The foreman is the supervising member of the crew. He has demonstrated a high proficiency level in all tasks related with tower site construction. He has also established a high level of responsibility and accountability for himself and those under him. Foremen are expected to participate, supervise, and oversee all work tasks performed on site, inspecting each phase as required, ensuring the quality of the installation pertaining to tower erection, coax & waveguide installation, connector fitting, weather proofing, antenna assembly, installation/grounding systems and all other procedures related to the industry.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequent work in adverse weather conditions
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, sit, and climb ladders and communication towers and work in an elevated position that is +/- 500 feet.
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- On a constant basis, employee must lift, carry, and maneuver heavy or awkward objects weighing 50lbs or more.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Daily travel within the Company’s geographical footprint and possible extended stays at external destinations. Travel time can be anywhere from three to six weeks at a time, with appropriate breaks.
- Frequently required to use hand and power tools