|Date Posted||June 23, 2017|
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
Job Type: Full-time
- Benefits are available to you on day one of your employment with Ericsson
- Medical: Ericsson pays the full premium for you and your eligible Dependents!
- Dental: Ericsson pays the full premium for you and your eligible dependents!
- Vision: You have the choice of two plans – Base or Premier
- 401(K): Automatic and matching contributions from Ericsson
- Paid time off: 39 days!
- 15 Vacation, 3 Personal, 11 Holidays, 10 Sick days
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided
- Including Boots, Branded Shirts & Cold Weather Gear
- Clearly defined career path with advancement opportunities
- College tuition, fees and book reimbursement
- $2,000.00 bonus per employee referral
- 5 Week paid tower training program
- Guaranteed 40-hour work week!
- Company credit card
- Company cell phone
- Inspect, Supervise and Participate in the work performed by Tower Crew members
- Understand and strictly adhere to safety and quality guidelines without deviation
- Observe and report possible compound/equipment defects or hazards
- Ensure that Job Hazard Assessment (JHA) requirements are identified, documented and followed
- Accurately follow instructions and complete assigned course of action in accordance with scope of work and methods of procedures (MOPs) and track work via checklists
- Accurately and timely document job costs, including labor hours and material
- Read customer blueprints and execute scope of work per the customer’s specifications
- Perform Anritsu Sweep Testing, PIM Testing and Fiber Testing
- Safely and efficiently complete repairs and upgrades at elevated heights
- Impacted equipment will be mounted on various structures such as Guyed Towers, Lattice Towers, Monopole Towers, Water Towers, Stealth Towers and Rooftops
- Identify potential add-on sales to increase company revenue
- Expansion and Upgrades to established major cellular carrier networks
- Civil work will consist of upgrading and expanding existing cellular networks / sites
- Pre and Post Work Site Audits
- Cellular Radio and Antenna Swaps
- Legacy cable plant upgrades from Coaxial Cable to Fiber
- Site Upgrades
- Capacity Expansion
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior experience working as a Tower Foreman is highly desired
- Minimum of 3+ Years Tower Climbing experience
- Must have experience supervising crews of 2-5 employees
- Must have experience interacting with customers and problem resolution
- Must have new build, colocation, civil wireless construction experience
- Ability to work in remote and challenging locations including, but not limited to: rooftops, confined spaces, and all types of geographic locations
- Ability to clearly identify specific color schemes
- Ability to drive long distances on and off road
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently without continuous supervision
- The ability to use hand tools, power tools and industry test equipment
- Must have own transportation to get to the job site if required
- Must successfully complete Ericsson’s tower training program at required level including completing a 90-day post training probation period
- Must be able to travel outside home market up to 50% of the time; however, based on business requirements this duration could be extended beyond 50%
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours (i.e., shift work), to include nights and weekends, when needed
- Must be willing to serve in an on-call rotation
- Must be a team player and have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English language for safety reasons
- Ability to exercise flexibility in challenging and/or perplexing situations
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in stressful and demanding work environment
- Must have high level of computer proficiency, including a working knowledge of all Microsoft Office suite
- Understanding of basic mechanical terms and tools
- Ability to learn and retain physical and mechanical installation specifications
- Ability to connect and disconnect various sizes and types of electronic connectors
- Standing, Walking and Climbing for extended periods of time
- Repetitive Movements for extended periods of time
- Push / Pull materials and equipment for extended periods of time
- Lift / Carry materials that are an average weight of (35) pounds, up to (70) pounds (6) to (8) Hours Daily
- Readiness to perform these duties in all weather conditions / climates including heat, cold, rain etc.
- One of the safety requirements for Tower Climbers at Ericsson is that they must meet certain weight requirements in order to comply with OSHA regulations and equipment manufacturers’ safety standards for working at elevated heights.
- The maximum weight to be qualified to climb is 250 pounds, and was determined by taking into account the total weight limits including equipment and tools, as well as the combined weight of any two climbers in a potential rescue situation.
- Waist circumference must not exceed 60 inches measured at the navel as specified by the manufacturer of safety equipment.
- Ericsson has developed a process that will require verification of each climber’s weight post-offer, but before hire, and on a regular basis thereafter to ensure each climber continues to meet this requirement.
- Candidates must be at least 21 years old and have a valid driver’s license in order to drive an Ericsson company vehicle.
- Driving records will be checked for the past 5 years and qualified candidates may not have any of the following violations.
- (2) or more moving violations or at-fault accidents within a (12) month period
- (3) or more moving violations or at-fault accidents within a (3) year period
- DWI/DUI for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (or related impaired driving offenses)
- Failure or refusal to submit to a sobriety test
- Reckless driving, racing, and/or attempting to elude a police officer
- Suspension or revocation of license as a result of one or more moving violations
- Vehicular felony
- Driving without a valid license
- Passing a drug test is also required and must be completed within 48 hours of offer acceptance.
- Before employment, successful completion of a 7 Year Criminal Background Check is required. The Criminal Background investigation includes felonies and misdemeanors as well as education and employment verification. A conviction will not necessarily disqualify from employment.
Ericsson is the driving force behind a Networked Society – a Global Leader in Communications Technology and Services, working across borders in 175 Countries. Our services, software and infrastructure – especially in mobility, broadband and the cloud are enabling the Telecom Industry and other sectors to do better business, increase efficiency, improve the user experience and capture new opportunities. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.