|Heidrea Communications, LLC|
|Date Posted||March 15, 2017|
|Local Hires Only?||Yes, Only Locals Apply|
Heidrea Communications, LLC (a veteran-owned business) is a general contracting firm specializing in the wireless industry. Our goal is to meet all of our customers’ needs in every aspect of the wireless construction market. The primary focus for Heidrea is tower construction and maintenance throughout New England. Some of our customers include Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, Crown Castle, Inc, American Towers and SBA networks.
With our headquarters based in Bellingham, MA we also have two other service centers service centers located in Oriskany, New York and East Windsor, Connecticut. We are looking to hire long term employees for Full-time employment in New England, year-round.
The Lead Tower Technician will coordinate and supervise the work of their assigned crew. They will report directly to the Foreman.
This position will conduct and perform construction duties to complete each project to specification. Projects will include Microwave, LTE, AWS and UMTS installs as well as repairs and upgrades to existing wireless networks. The Tower Foreman Technician will complete each project in a timely manner, with exceptional quality and within budget. They will also be expected to represent Heidrea in a professional and astute manner.
– Frequently climb ladders and towers safely and efficiently to complete various job duties at elevated heights (200ft+) with confidence and little to no supervision.
– Assist foreman to assess work-site for safety issues prior to performing any work.
– Perform general construction of tower sites, roof tops and other structures to include, but not limited to: Site layout, erection, installation and maintenance and repair in accordance with specific job orders
– Maintain a safe work environment.
– Collect all on site closeout documentation and submit to the foreman per the deliverable timeframe.
– Assist foreman, and train crew on coax, fiber lines and hybrid cable installation, connecter installation, sweep and testing, weather proofing, color coding, labeling, etc.
– Connect coax fiber lines and jumpers per piping diagram, support and fasten adequately for a quality installation.
– Assist overall job on ground work as well as all tasks required to build and install a site per customer specs.
– Communicate and represent Heidrea with a respectable manner, weather with the public, with co-workers, venders, etc.
– High school Diploma or equivalent.
– 2-3 years’ experience.
– Basic knowledge and experience with tower structures, their components, equipment, and materials used on them and how to properly install and repair them.
– ComTrain tower rescue
– Ability to recognize safety Hazards.
– Capable of assisting foreman with RF sweep testing, and PIM testing equipment.
– knot tying and rigging skills.
– Aerial lift certification.
– Connector training
– OSHA 10 Hour
– CPR and basic First Aid training
– Must have a valid driver’s license, and DOT Medical clearance and the ability to drive long distances.
– Able to travel out of town on a limited basis as needed
– Able to meet physical requirements such as standing bending, lifting, and climbing for the duration of shift.
-Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and Physical.
– Basic knowledge and use of hand tools and mechanical equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
– Frequently climb tall structures (200 feet or more) with 50 lb. load.
– 90% of work is outdoors and year-round and occasionally in extreme weather conditions
– Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests
– Clear visual ability, with or without correction
– Ability to reach and stretch repetitively
– Ability to walk, stand and bend for long periods of time
– Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
– Long Term Short Term & Life insurance
– Paid Time Off
– Paid Holidays
– 401K Retirement Plan
– Training and Certification Programs
This job description is only a general summary of the essential job functions and responsibilities, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Nothing in this job description restricts leadership rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Employees with disabilities must meet qualification standards that are job-related and consistent with business necessity and must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.