|Date Posted||January 5, 2018|
|Local Hires Only?||Yes, Only Locals Apply|
Communications Project Manager (NC)
Betacom Incorporated is seeking experienced Tower Project Manager to join our team! With over 25 years serving the wireless industry, Betacom Incorporated delivers comprehensive turnkey network builds as well as other essential infrastructure services, including services to the top carriers nationwide. Betacom Incorporated is held to a level of commitment and integrity that our customers have come to know and trust. Our company is in search of an individual who possesses what it takes to get the job done with speed without sacrificing quality.
We not only encourage, we understand the importance of professional satisfaction and development. With this in mind, Betacom offers an excellent benefits program, competitive pay as well as extensive world-class training opportunities.
Enjoy a rewarding career with Betacom Incorporated, APPLY NOW!
Here is just some of what we have to offer:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Life insurance with AD&D
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401(k) with 100% company match! (up to 4%)
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Flex days
- Employee assistance program
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Training and certifications
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage large scale projects that include multiple disciplines or cover multiple markets.
- Manage all project activities including but not limited to, site acquisition, leasing, due diligence, zoning, pre-construction services, architectural and engineering services, permitting, internal pre deployment meetings, client deployment meetings, utility coordination, material ordering, construction management and closeout packages.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Oversee the activity associated with projects. Interface with clients and management on a daily basis as to the status of these projects. Ensure workflow is being achieved and milestones are being reached in a timely fashion. Provide management direction, supervision and leadership for the Project Team. Insure the successful completion of all project deliverables, and contract compliance.
- Create and maintain strong Client relations and communication.
- Interpret contracts, communicate scope of work to project team and develop schedule and budget forecasts.
- Conduct Weekly meetings with project staff to review individual site progress; Oversee project tracking and documentation.
- Maintain proper communications and relations with project personnel; coordinate internal resources and ensure the team has competent personnel to accomplish their respective duties.
- Establish, manage and control budget.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on project.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- The above responsibilities represent the major tasks assigned to incumbents in this job position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all tasks. Therefore, on occasion, incumbents may perform other related tasks.
- This position will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Manages range of 4-8 subordinates (CM’s, Project Coordinators and vendors). This position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- Interviewing, selecting, and training of employees.
- Appraising employees’ productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status.
- Handling employee complaints and grievances; disciplining employees.
- Monitoring or implementing legal compliance measures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing wireless site development professionals through prior experience in network deployment projects, site acquisition or construction management responsibilities.
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of the wireless tower industry including environmental/FAA/FCC compliance, leasing, planning and construction management.
- Ability to interact, in a respectful manner with clients, consultants, property owners and staff.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and regulatory personnel.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- College degree or equivalent work experience in the wireless site development industry.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in the wireless site development industry *REQUIRED*
- Good communication skills, reading and writing skills (English)
- Excellent computer skills. Advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint & Outlook) and project management software.
- Clean Driving Record & Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation to and from work.
- Experience with LTE, UMTS, ETTCS, NSB, Mods, MW backhaul.
- Must be able to accommodate out of town travel, if required
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools, mechanical equipment, and electro-mechanical equipment.
- ComTrain, OSHA30, RF Awareness Training, First AID/CPR trained.
- Must have experience with Anritsu Site Master, Andrew, PPC, tower mapping and antenna equipment.
- Must have experience stacking self-support towers, installing waveguide, antennas and microwave dishes.
- RF Awareness, replacement and maintenance i.e. coax, jumpers, TMA’s, connectors and weatherproofing.
- Highly organized and be able to effectively report verbally and written reports back to the Operations Manager or Director.
- Experience in managing employees – hiring, terminating, completing performance reviews, allocating work, setting schedules, training, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk much of the time. The employee is also occasionally required to sit.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme cold.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Finalists for this position can expect to submit to a Criminal History Background, Motor Vehicle and Pre-Employment Drug Screening.