|East Tex Tower|
|Location||Colorado Springs, CO|
|Date Posted||February 4, 2018|
|Local Hires Only?||Yes, Only Locals Apply|
EasTex Tower, LLC is actively looking to add new members to our exciting and growing Team. We are currently seeking Tower Tech I and II for our Colorado Springs, CO location. We would prefer experience in Tower Construction, Antenna and Line Installations, Microwave Installations, and Tower Modifications. Successful candidates can look forward to an Energetic, Family Atmosphere in a very prosperous and growing industry.
· Health Insurance with HSA
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Boot Allowance per year
- Per Diem for Personal Use
- Transportation Provided
- Personal and Vacation Days
- Not guaranteed, but usually ample amounts of overtime
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Climb various heights on multiple type structures
- Perform installation of antennas, mounts, cable ladders, cable, etc.
- Assist in testing of sites
- Participate in new tower construction
- Perform routine and special circumstance tower maintenance
- Assist in trouble shooting a variety of electronic components from cell/microwave sites to lighting systems
- Recognize safety hazards and perform all duties in a safe manner
- Maintain a professional working attitude with co-workers and customers
- Continue industry education and knowledge on an ongoing basis
- Uphold quality workmanship surpassing industry standards
Required Knowledge / Competencies:
- General tower and fall protection safety knowledge and ability to utilize 100% tie off techniques at all times
- Mechanically inclined
- Electrical/electronics education a plus
- Basic Rigging
- Must have complete knowledge on use and care of basic hand tools and power tools
- Must have valid Driver’s License and the ability to obtain a DOT physical certification. CDL Class A certification a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from office location
- Must be willing to travel and be able to work within a non-structured schedule, i.e., long hours, weekends, etc.
- Self-Motivated and able to learn efficiently
- Team oriented
Job Related Certifications:
- OSHA 10 or 30
- Authorized Climber (Level I)
- Authorized Rescue (Level I)
- Competent Climber (Level II)
- Competent Rescue (Level II)
- First Aid/CPR
- Basic Rigging
- Basic knowledge and understanding of DOT driver qualifications
Level 1 tower techs do not have any supervisory responsibility. Level 2 tower techs are expected to mentor level 1 techs.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands and work environment described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequent work in adverse weather conditions
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, sit, and climb ladders and communication towers and work in an elevated position that is +/- 500 feet.
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- On a constant basis, employee must lift, carry, and maneuver heavy or awkward objects weighing 50lbs or more.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Daily travel within the Company’s geographical footprint and possible extended stays at external destinations. Travel time can be anywhere from three to six weeks at a time, with appropriate breaks.
- Frequently required to use hand and power tools