|Location||Kansas City, Kansas|
|Date Posted||November 14, 2019|
|Local Hires Only?||Yes, Only Locals Apply|
Tower Tech3/ Tophand
United Recruitment is hiring Tower Tech 3s/ Tophand and Tower Foreman to work in the Missouri, Kansas and Illinois markets for national leaders in the Telecom infrastructure industry. As a Tower Tech 3/ Tophand, you will responsible for your immediate crew’s safety whilst performing wireless installation as well as testing, analyzing and troubleshooting problems with the wireless network.
As a Tower Tech3/ Tophand, you will be completing, but not limited to the following tasks:
- Ensure that the entire crew are constantly following company, customer, OSHA, State and Federal safety procedures when using electrical test and communications equipment
- Evaluate the job sites and communications equipment, and secure and protect as required
- Knowledge of sector/antenna configurations with respect to jumper and coax routing, RET settings and cabling, and fiber routing
- Test antenna/line systems as required via PIM or Sweep
- Follow detailed method of procedures (MOP) and practices to perform maintenance on equipment
- Repair and restore plans to ensure minimal service disruption and impact to customer
Skills and experiences:
- Able to climb towers in excess of 300+ feet tall, with a 50 lb. load
- Able to crouch, kneel, and twist throughout the workday
- Able to reach, grasp and climb with both hands
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, and drive or ride in a truck for long periods of time.
- Must be available to travel up to 100% for weeks at a time if required.
- Flexible to work shift work to include maintenance window and weekends if needed
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to complete a Dept. of Transport (DOT) physical if requested
- 2+ years of experience climbing and working on Cell Towers
- Strong leadership ability preferred
- Sweep and PIM Certification preferred
- Experience with GSM, UMTS, Carrier Adds, and LTE.
- Skilled at installation, testing, maintaining, and troubleshooting network systems as they relate to equipment installation and failure
- Experience testing and working with Fiber
- OSHA Safety standards certification is preferred (will provide training)
- Comtrain or Fall Rescue certification preferred (will provide training)
If your skills, abilities and experience match what we are seeking in a Tower Tech3/ Tophand, please apply to this link.
We look forward to hearing from you.