**Markets hiring for: Missouri/Kansas, Ohio/Pennsylvania, Michigan/Indiana**
Assist tower erectors with the modification, repair, installation or maintenance of mobile or stationary radio transmitting, broadcasting, and receiving equipment, and two-way radio communications systems used in cellular telecommunications, mobile broadband, ship-to-shore, aircraft-to-ground communications, and radio equipment in service and emergency vehicles in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes and industry standards. May help test and analyze network coverage.
- . Use appropriate hand and power tools to properly measure, cut, bend, assemble and erect all components necessary for lifting, moving and installing equipment, materials, lines, antennae etc
- in accordance with the applicable plans, specifications codes and industry standards . Learn to read work orders, blueprints, plans, datasheets or site drawings to determine work to be done . As directed, help inspect completed work to ensure all hardware is tight, antennas are level, hangers are properly fastened, proper support is in place, or adequate weather proofing has been installed . Bolt equipment into place, using hand or power tools . Help tower erectors as necessary in the testing operation of tower transmission components, using sweep testing tools or software . Run appropriate power, ground, or coaxial cables . Learn to and help tower erectors check antenna positioning to ensure specified azimuths or mechanical tilts and adjust as necessary . Replace existing antennas with new antennas as directed . Help install all necessary transmission equipment components, including antennas or antenna mounts, surge arrestors, transmission lines, connectors, or tower-mounted amplifiers (TMAs) . Take site survey photos or photos of work performed, using digital cameras . When necessary or requested complete reports related to project status, progress, or other work details, using computer software . Participate in all safety related processes and programs as requested
- Engage with your work team to ensure we achieve zero injuries
- Understand that no job is so important that your safety and that of your crew will be compromised
- Watch for hazards and report any concerns to your supervisor or safety professional
- If needed, use your stop work authority until the issue is resolved . Report all accidents and near misses to supervisor; participate in investigation process as needed . Participate in all pre-job work planning and safety discussions; Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate and/or mitigate hazards . Understand and respond appropriately to all safety hazards and warning devices (ie back-up alarms, smell of smoke, different colored warning tags, warning sirens) . Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean work environment . Use effective verbal and written communication skills
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers and fractions rapidly and accurately . Listen to co-workers suggestions, safety concerns, and recommendations giving full attention to what they are saying and take the time to understand the points being made, asking questions and providing feedback when appropriate . Actively participate in on-the-job training and mentoring opportunities with co-workers in your craft when provided . Produce quality work, meeting requirements of plans, specifications and industry standards . Learn to read and understand plans and specifications
- Visualize two dimensional drawings in three dimensions . With regard to that portion of the work assigned, assist in planning, installing and/or repair systems in accordance with those plans and specifications
- Assist tower erectors in laying out work and learn to perform layout independently . Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise or that may be encountered
- Take corrective actions as needed reporting any issues to your supervision . If certified to operate equipment ensure that construction equipment is correctly operated, maintained, in good working order, and Daily Equipment Inspections are completed for equipment being utilized . Comply with Company Code of Conduct and jobsite policies . Perform all other job related duties as requested by supervisor
At least 1 year of experience working as a tower erector or a similar craft as a helper or a combination of work experience and training, and a basic knowledge of the tower craft. Developing Knowledge of the construction, testing, maintenance, and repair of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems and equipment. Ability to understand and follow directions. In addition, must have all necessary tools (see Tower Erector Helper Tool list). Must be at least 18 years of age. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- . Valid Driver’s License . DOT Certification . Good driving record – ability to comply with Company Driving Policy . ComTrain Certified Climb/Rescue . OSHA Training 10 hour . RF Training . Basic First Aid . Spanish bilingual preferred
. ComTrain Certified Climb/Rescue . OSHA Training 10 hour . RF Training . Basic First Aid
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Lift and carry heavy items weighing up to 50 pounds. Stand, Kneel, Bend, Stoop, Move in and around confined and cluttered places, and uneven areas, see and hear naturally or with correction. This is a partial list-see Job Description for complete list.. Typical construction site environment . Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions. . Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32F degrees) temperatures and exposure to inclement weather such as dust, wind, snow, rain, etc. . Requires working in extremely bright or low lighting conditions . Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable. . Work around hazardous equipment.