|Vertical Limit Construction|
|Date Posted||February 27, 2019|
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
Vertical Limit wants you!
Join a #1 team! You can bring your experience and a strong will to work. Your experience will reinforce a winning team and foster a new generation of Tower Technicians. Vertical Limit provides a solid benefits package, career advancement and much more. Vertical Limit is looking for experienced Tower Technicians in the Midwest, Great Lakes, Texas and Mountain Regions.
As a Tower Technician II you will be working in a team environment assisting with structural projects, which may include: new builds, site mods, grain elevators, or on a roof top. Daily activities may include on-site installation, repair, and modification. You are on the front line, playing a role in Vertical Limit’s strategic direction, development, and future growth. You will be gain knowledge in effectively utilize tools, technology, and other resources to install mounts, antennas, grounding, cad welding, associative RF components, and/or inspecting structures in which you will be expected to follow all safety precautions set forth by Federal, State, & Vertical Limit’s regulations at all elevations. Position is supervised by Foreman and/or Field Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to work at heights 500+’; with abilities to become efficient with weather proofing and grounding
- Participate in and assist in installation, repair, modification, optimization, or acceptance test procedures of wireless infrastructures and electrical equipment
- Gain knowledge in installation of wireless infrastructure including, but not limited to: antennas, feed lines, fiber, shelters, self-support towers, guy towers, and monopoles
- Ability to take direction and learn from experience; gaining knowledge of cell sites to include RF, lighting systems, fiber, and power.
- Assist in completing assigned tasks within project scope accurately and efficiently
- Strict attention to detail and organization; enabling timely task completion focusing on the quality of workmanship
- Assist in pick up/delivery of supplies, tools, equipment, components, etc.
- Maintain clean, orderly environment adhering to company policies and industry regulation/standard(s) (OSHA)
- Attend vendor and in-house training and participate in certification programs as necessary
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Perform miscellaneous job duties as assigned
- Ability to take direction and learn from experience
- Ability to perform the duties of a Tower Tech I with ease
- Gain knowledge of basic hand tools and power tools
- Ability to maintain CPR/First Aid AED, OSHA 10, RF Radiation Safety & Awareness, & Competent Climber certifications
- Ability to travel up to 4 weeks at a time, followed by 1 week off; 100% of the time
- Be available for evening, weekends, and rotational assignments; accepting on-call responsibilities
- Pass the following tests prior to employment: drug test, background check, and physical examination evaluation process during training
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Exposure to heights preferred, but not required
- High School or GED Equivalent Required
- Microsoft Office product knowledge (i.e. Outlook, Word, Access)
- Ability to effectively utilize the internet
- Ability to distinguish and identify colors/color schemes
- Energetic and mentally prepared
- Ability to meet physical demands of duties
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to bend, lift, twist, squat, kneel, sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to work outside and withstand varied inclement weather conditions [Approx. -20° to 120°F]
- Ability to reach, climb, and/or grasp ladders or other tall structures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.