|Mid Atlantic Contracting|
|Date Posted||June 28, 2017|
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
Tower Tech II/Climber
Mid Atlantic Contracting is a local, family-owned company that has been in the Telecom/Tower industry for over 22 years. Now is your chance to join our team if you’re looking for an opportunity to work for a growing company with steady, year-round work.
MAC offers a great benefits package to include:
- ABOVE AVERAGE COMPETITIVE PAY
- 401(k) with up to 4% EMPLOYER MATCHING
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Two weeks of 100% paid parental leave (for males and females)
- Paid holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee referral bonuses
- Bonus opportunities
- Training, certification, and tuition reimbursement opportunities
- Voluntary Life Insurance and supplemental benefits
- And other fantastic benefits!
We’re looking to hire an experienced Tower Tech II/Climber for work in the Baltimore-Washington D.C. market responsible for climbing towers to perform repairs, installations, and maintenance.
This job requires:
- Must have at least 2+ years’ exp. tower climbing in the L&A field
- Performing installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of coax and antenna, grounding and erection of towers
- Working with a crew of 3-6 tower climbers/technicians/hands
- Mentoring and training other tower climbers/employees
- Ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget
- Installing antennas, radio-heads, and other equipment specified on blueprints
- Aligning antennas with correct tools
- Using sweep testing tools or software
- Running appropriate power, ground, and coaxial cables
- Testing for service and proper signal from equipment
- Extensive knowledge of tools for job, climbing, and safety
- A safety-oriented mindset
- Completing work in a timely and efficient manner
- The ability to lift heavy objects of 80 lbs. or more
- OSHA 10, Comtrain, or other certifications
- Experience with AT&T and/or Verizon projects
- Competent rigger
This job is perfect for someone looking for a promising long-term career with a great company. Work is heavy with a M-F schedule and occasional weekend work. Our certified in-house safety director can get employees certified in rigging, climbing, and more! Local travel will be required.
Established in 1995, Mid Atlantic Contracting is a local, family-owned company and has been a leader in the wireless industry, general contracting, and construction management services in the Maryland, Washington, D.C. and Virginia Area. At Mid Atlantic Contracting we believe in teamwork and dedication to our work. When you become a MAC employee, you’ll be part of a team that is dedicated to giving our clients the best quality service possible. We always have a need for skilled, reliable individuals to join our family and help us achieve that mission. Wireless construction is a booming industry that requires skilled techs to keep up with the nation’s telecommunication infrastructures.
Location: based out of Woodbine, MD