|Vertical Limit Construction|
|Date Posted||February 27, 2019|
|Local Hires Only?||Yes, Only Locals Apply|
Join our Team! Take your adventure to new heights at Vertical Limit! Great Pay, Great Benefits, & more!
As a Tower Technician you will be working in a team environment assisting with structural projects, which may include: new builds, site mods, grain elevators, or on a roof top. Daily activities may include on-site installation, repair, and modification. You are on the front line, playing a role in Vertical Limit’s strategic direction, development, and future growth. You will maintain knowledge in effectively utilizing tools, technology, and other resources to install mounts, grounding, cad welding, associative RF components, and/or inspecting structures in which you will be expected to follow all safety precautions set forth by Federal, State, & Vertical Limit’s regulations at all elevations. Position is supervised by Foreman and/or Field Manager. You will work closely with the Foreman while assisting in coordination with these activities.
Essential Job Functions
- Complete assigned tasks within project scope accurately and efficiently
- Must be able to work at heights 500+’; maintain efficient weather proofing, grounding, and rigging techniques
- Participate in and carry out installation, repair, modification, optimization, or acceptance test procedures of wireless infrastructures and electrical equipment
- Installation of wireless infrastructure including but not limited to antennas, feed lines, fiber, shelters, self-support towers, guy towers, and monopoles
- Install all types of connectors
- Maintain proper installation, troubleshooting, and repair techniques
- Facilitate teaching other crew members proper techniques
- Maintain complete knowledge of basic hand tools and thorough experience with power tools
- Adjust and calibrate equipment according to site scope.
- Assist Foreman as needed
- Run top and bottom of cell site
- Learn how to analyze and interpret site data
- Complete all site photos
- Become familiar with test equipment (Sweeps, PIM, Fiber, Microwave, etc.)
- Isolate basic hardware, software, and air interface malfunctions utilizing various test equipment on multiple products and technologies
- Occasionally perform lead responsibilities in absence of a Foreman, effectively interfacing with all levels of management, staff, and customers
- Ability to recommend changes, installation techniques, and/or aide in discussion to site layout/repairs
- Assist Foreman with tools, repairs, calibration, and testing processes
- Gain experience working with various carriers and general contractors
- Strict attention to detail and organization; enabling timely task completion focusing on the quality of workmanship
- Ability to run all aspects of the top of the tower with minimal supervision, while continuing to learn from experience
- Working knowledge of cell cite service monitors, RF test equipment, and PIM equipment
- Pass the following tests prior to employment: drug test, background check, and physical examination evaluation process during training
- Ability to travel up to 4 weeks at a time, followed by 1 week off; 100% of the time
- Be available for evening, weekends, and rotational assignments; accepting on-call responsibilities
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Energetic and mentally prepared
- Ability to meet physical demands of duties
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to bend, lift, twist, squat, kneel, sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to work outside and withstand varied inclement weather conditions [-20° to 120° Wind Chill Factor]
- Ability to reach, climb, and/or grasp ladders or other tall structures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.