|Date Posted||September 20, 2019|
|Local Hires Only?||Yes, Only Locals Apply|
Midland Communications Inc. is a woman-owned WBENC certified company and licensed General and Electrical Contractor. MCI has been providing turnkey communication infrastructure and associated telecommunications expertise as well as consulting to government and private sector clients since 2000. Midland Communications Inc. supplies a broad range of products and services including: construction, tower, engineering, and technical services
The staff includes project managers, communications technicians, tower professionals, civil crews, and numerous part-time and subcontract personnel. Its executive staff has over 135 years combined experience as communications professionals.
Have a solid understanding of the wireless industry. 90% of time spent onsite climbing towers. Have an understanding of color coding, weatherproofing, grounding as it pertains to the SOW at hand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Follow all state and federal safety regulations including OSHA, Tower Owners and local turfing vendor while working in an efficient and productive manner.
Required to work at heights installing telecom equipment and materials on towers, monopoles including mounts, radios, antennas and microwave dishes.
Interprets various documents such as blueprints, diagrams and manufacturer specifications to ensure proper installation of antenna systems using technical expertise.
A willingness to travel when required.
Successful Completion of Required Training:
- Tower climbing and Rescue.
- First Aid, BBP and CPR.
- PPE use and requirements.
- Lock out Tag out.
- RF Awareness.
- GHS (formally MSDS)
- Special equipment such as aerial lift, forklift, Back hoe and capstan.
- Advanced understanding of Rigging.
- Connector installation.
- Microwave installation and aligning.
- System testing -PIM, ANRITSU and Fiber Testing.
- Coax, Fiber routing and handling.
- Top side and bottom side grounding.
- Tower Construction
- Cad welding.
- Safety conscious.
- Quick learners.
- Able to take direction.
- Physically able to climb 1000 vertical feet per day.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Travel 1-2 weeks but limited per projects.
- Must have reliable transportation to work.
- Must have valid Driver’s License with CLEAN driving record
- Employment is dependent on completion of a Background Check, DOT physical and drug screen.