|Date Posted||September 28, 2017|
|Local Hires Only?||No, Anyone Can Apply|
- Understand and strictly adhere to safety and quality guidelines without deviation
- Safely and efficiently complete repairs and upgrades at elevated heights.
- Impacted equipment will be mounted on various structures such as Guyed Towers, Lattice Towers, Monopole Towers, Water Towers, Stealth Towers and Rooftops
- Observe and report possible compound/equipment defects or hazards
- Ensure that Job Hazard Assessment (JHA) requirements are identified, documented and followed
- Accurately follow instructions and complete assigned course of action in accordance with scope of work and methods of procedures (MOPs) and track work via checklists
- Accurately and timely document job costs, including labor hours and material
- Read customer blueprints and execute scope of work per the customer’s specifications
- Identify potential add-on sales to increase company revenue
- Expansion and Upgrades to established major cellular carrier networks
- Civil work will consist of upgrading and expanding existing cellular networks / sites
- Pre and Post Work Site Audits
- Cellular Radio and Antenna Swaps
- Legacy cable plant upgrades from Coaxial Cable to Fiber
- Site Upgrades
- Capacity Expansion
- Serve as a rescue climber if and when needed
- Other duties as assigned by Ericsson Management
- A Benefits Package that is ranked among the top 5% of companies in the United States, including medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Healthcare Spending Account
- Ericsson Wellness Program
- Education Assistance
- Holiday (11) Days Annually
- Vacation (15) Days Annually
- Sick Time (80) Hours Annually
- Personal Business (3) Days Annually
- 401(K) Plan with company matching contribution
- Employee Life Insurance (Optional Spouse and Child Life Insurance)
Tower Climbing Benefits:
- Clearly defined career path with advancement opportunities
- Boots, Branded Shirts & Cold Weather Gear provided
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided
- 5 Week paid tower training program
- Guaranteed 40-hour work week!
- Paid employee referral program
- Company credit card
- Company cell phone
- Must be at least 21 years old and have a valid Driver’s License in order to drive an Ericsson company vehicle
- Must successfully complete DOT certification within 90 days of employment, and required DOT medical exam post-offer, pre-employment.
- Must take and pass a pre-employment, post-offer drug test and adhere to random drug testing policy, as permitted by state and local law
- Must successfully complete and pass a pre-employment, post-offer background check, including criminal history check, employment history check, and education verification, among other things; Ericsson will consider criminal history in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of San Francisco and City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance
- Must successfully complete Ericsson’s tower training program at required level
- Must be able to travel outside home market up to 50% of the time; however, based on business requirements this duration could be extended beyond 50%
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours (i.e., shift work), to include nights and weekends, when needed
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently without continuous supervision with the desire and ability to learn and retain new knowledge
- Must be willing to serve in an on-call rotation
- Must be a team player and have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English language for safety reasons
- Ability to exercise flexibility in challenging and/or perplexing situations
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in stressful and demanding work environment
- Must have high level of computer proficiency, including a working knowledge of all Microsoft Office suite
- Understanding of basic mechanical terms and tools
- The ability to use hand tools, power tools and industry test equipment
- Ability to learn and retain physical and mechanical installation specifications
- Must have own transportation to get to the job site if required
- Ability to work in remote and challenging locations including, but not limited to: rooftops, confined spaces, and all types of geographic locations
- Ability to clearly identify specific color schemes
- Ability to drive long distances on and off road
- Ability to connect and disconnect various sizes and types of electronic connectors
- The ability to use hand tools, power tools and industry test equipment
- Standing, Walking and Climbing for extended periods of time
- Repetitive Movements for extended periods of time
- Push / Pull materials and equipment for extended periods of time
- Lift / Carry materials that are an average weight of (35) pounds, up to (70) pounds (6) to (8) Hours Daily
- Ability to climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with an average of 50 lb. load and to work at altitudes of 300+ feet
- Readiness to perform these duties in all weather conditions / climates including heat, cold, rain etc.
- Meet certain weight requirements post-offer, pre-employment and during employment in order to comply with OSHA regulations and equipment manufacturers’ safety standards for working at elevated heights; maximum weight to be qualified to climb upon hire is 240 pounds.
- Waist circumference must not exceed 60 inches measured at the navel as specified by the manufacturer of safety equipment.
Ericsson is the driving force behind a Networked Society – a Global Leader in Communications Technology and Services, working across borders in 175 Countries. Our services, software and infrastructure – especially in mobility, broadband and the cloud are enabling the Telecom Industry and other sectors to do better business, increase efficiency, improve the user experience and capture new opportunities. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice – Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.