|MasTec Network Solutions|
|Date Posted||August 16, 2019|
|Local Hires Only?||Yes, Only Locals Apply|
Join the fastest growing and best construction team in the industry! MasTec Network Solutions offers a competitive hourly wage, retention bonus to $1,300 and referral bonus up to $1000, On-The-Job paid training, Certifications, Medical Dental, Vision, PTO, 401K and stock options.
Required Skills As a Tower Technician III, your responsibilities will include:
- Climbing and working on communications towers for the purpose of installing, replacing, and repairing antenna systems equipment performs tower maintenance under close supervision.
- The basic use and care of hand tools and mechanical equipment.
- Knowing the hazards associated with tower climbing, construction equipment, and working on or near energized lines and equipment.
- The ability to climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with 50 lb. load.
- Analyzing situations accurately and adopt an appropriate course of action.
- Communicating orally and in writing.
- Following instructions accurately and complete assigned course of action.
- Recognizing safety hazards and performing duties in a safe manner.
- Act as a team lead and mentor to less experienced Tower Technicians.
- Must have the ability to traveling extensively within assigned region.
Job Requirements of the Tower Technician III
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- A minimum of 4 years tower experience
- Industrial first aid
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions per prints
- Organized with a strong attention to detail and capable of working with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated expertise in construction skills, rigging, safety and general industry knowledge.
- Extensive rigging experience with ability to pass Rigging Course
- Familiarity with crane signals and gin pole operations
- Complete installation of lighting systems with the ability to troubleshoot
- Working knowledge of safety standards and regulations
- Must have the ability to climb towers, be able to pick up 50 lbs., and be able to work up to 12 hours on occasion.
Additional Information for the Tower Technician III
- Individuals must have a valid driver’s license and driving record meeting the company policy conditions.
- Must be available to work weekends and/or nights, in extreme weather conditions if necessary, and be willing to travel extensively.
- Tower Technician’s must be able to work out of market or away from home as work demands.