|Date Posted||February 20, 2018|
|Local Hires Only?||Yes, Only Locals Apply|
Tower Tech – Top Hand
True North is currently hiring Tower Hands
At True North Telecommunications Services, LLC, our mission is to work towards the goal of quality work and employee development. In order to accomplish this mission, we provide a clean, safe and professional work environment to accomplish our vendors’ needs. Our goals are to meet and exceed the requirements based from our contracts, and provide the best service in a timely fashion. True North Telecommunications Services, LLC takes pride in the work that we do and our employees understand the fundamental reason for standing next to your product. It is with this notion that we put forth extra effort to ensure our customers are given the best possible services.
A Top Hand is expected to be a competent and safe climber that is able to handle the simplest to very complicated tasks that are issued by his superior. They will be expected to work hard and efficient and be able to be on the tower for extended periods of time. They must be willing to learn the technology that they are on and cross train in the areas where they have little to no knowledge. A Top Hand is expected to handle a variety of tasks given and be a reliable asset to the company. Must be able and willing to travel and be on the road for 2-4 weeks at a time.
Responsibilities (this position is responsible for but not limited to):
• Safety! Must be able to follow proper safety guidelines and procedures on a company level and to be OSHA Compliant. Must practice 100% tie off on all job sites.
• Must be able to read and follow Construction Drawings or specialized Methods of Procedures to perform installation or maintenance on equipment or sites.
• Must have knowledge on a variety of different equipment, be familiar with working with Coax or Fiber, and experience with Antennas, Radios, configurations, and decommission.
• Good oral and written communication skills to properly relay information to other employees and superiors. At times be able to communication directly with customer and the inner workings of the job site.
• Ability to fully test a multitude of different pieces of equipment, whether it is Sweeps, PIM, Fiber Testing, RETs.
• Getting to and from place of Employment and on time.
• Knowledge of site evaluation for both hazards and complications.
Qualifications and Experience (Must Have)
Required for applicants:
• 2+ years of experience in the tower industry
• Structural experience with modification / tower erection / and tower decommissioning
• Climb / Rescue Certification
• RF Awareness
• First Aid / CPR
• OSHA 10 (will work with)
• Valid Driver’s License with clean record to drive company vehicles
• Must be able to be in sit, stand, walk, and drive or ride in a truck for long periods of time.
• Must be able to climb towers 100+ feet tall with a 50 lb. load. Must be able to climb all variety of towers with no exception.
• Must be available to travel up to 100% for four weeks at a time if it is needed.
• Must be able to express good oral communication and be able to write legible when needed.
• Must have a reliable mode of transportation or be able to make it to the place of employment when needed.
• Local to Tennessee or surrounding states.
• T-Mobile Experience (2 years)
• Verizon Experience (2 years)
• Decommission Experience
• Ability to work with a wide range of Towers
• Experience with a variety of different technologies.
• Sweep Certification
• PIM Certification
• Fiber Certification
• 4+ years of experience
• Experienced at installing, troubleshooting different carriers
• Technologically adept with software for testing and administrative needs.
• Experience with modification or Building Towers.
• Competitive pay
• Health Insurance
• Advancement Opportunities
**If applicant does not have 2+ years of telecommunication experience or a valid driver’s license please do not apply, as all applicants that do not meet these requirements will be passed over. Candidates preferably live within a 3-5 hour proximity of Nashville, TN.