Michael Lopez 10441 Inca St.Northglenn Coxxx-xxx-xxxx
Technical Repair Manager Experience8+ Years
Networking Experience8+ Years
Lucent Switches4 Years
Nortel Switches4 Years
DS1, DS34 Years
Located in Northglenn, CO
Strong Technical Repair Manager Experience.
May 2012 to Oct 2014AT&T SBC Global Services
HSSD Tech - Lead Provisioning Design Engineer
Engineered, managed and implemented configuration and installation of complex Ethernet network backbones. Analyzed, troubleshot and repaired hardware/software issues in switch and transport technologies. Proficiently tested Ethernet in the Juniper router and Cisco switch by monitoring patterns placed on a circuit to transmit light signals. Test and troubleshoot layer 1 connectivity between AT&T and the end user hand off. Layer 2/3 activation on the OPT-E Wan network between network router and end user equipment. Light level and facility loop testing throughout the AT&T Core network to collocation and end user demarcation.
June 2011 Sep 2011
Performed time motion studies for cell site technicians in the process of repairing cell site outages.
May 2010 Oct 2010
Nova Management/Lockheed Martin Space Systems
Contract with Lockheed Martin and support their Space Program. I built test cabinets and telemetry cabinets used to test Satellites and communicate with Satellites and Mission Control. This involves working with Lockheed Engineers who provide designs for equipment and cabinets that house specialized testing platforms that is my responsibility to build and ensure quality control in the process.
Level3 Communications May 2007 to April 2009
Network Operations Technician II
I maintained and managed one of the largest backbone networks of any Internet service provider. Interconnections between major cities done via one or more OC-192 or 10 Gb/s Ethernet links. Level 3's network covers the continental US, and most of Western Europe. Level 3 maintains over 100 Gbit/s of trans-Atlantic bandwidth via OC-192 and 10 GigE circuits, linking the two halves of its network. Based on the amount of Internet traffic on Level 3s IP backbone, Level 3 is among the largest Internet carriers in the world. Through Level 3s dial-up ISP customers, the companys dial-up infrastructure is accessible to approximately 90% of the U.S. population. When a typical Internet user at home dials the Internet using a modem in the U.S., there is better than a one-in-three chance that their call is being completed within a Level 3 data center.
Artech/AT&T Contract May 2005 to Mar 2007
* Worked as a Manager/Supervisor in a Union Workplace, overseeing technician workflow in a maintenance environment.
* Provide maintenance and provisioning services on multimillion dollar accounts for Lockheed Martin, Microsoft, Verizon Wireless, Robert Half International, Cendant and Dicks Sports.
* Manage private line business services from DS0 to OC-192.
* Oversee trouble ticket management and escalation with ILEC/CLEC maintenance contacts, ensuring that work is progressed in a timely manner.
* Respond to customer escalations and requests.
Comcast/Triad Contract Aug 2004 to Dec 2004
* DS0/DS1 ASR provisioning/test and turn-up.
* Provision/ test and turn-up and disconnect DS0 circuits and make feature changes with existing DS0 circuits interfacing with DMS100 and 5ESS digital switches for consumer markets.
* Updated directory listings in addition to provisioning.
NGT Oct 2003 to Mar 2004
NOC TECH II
* Switch Surveillance on AT&T Switches and TNZ Switches in LA and UK Broad soft VOIP switch surveillance.
* TPA traffic performance analysis for AT&T international long distance carriers.
QWEST June 1994 to Jan 2002
OPERATIONS AND TECHNOLOGIES-NETWORK COMPLEX SERVICES
Service Assurance Technician
* Provisioning/ test and turn-up T1 trunk carriers that are Switch to Switch and Switch to the customer on a daily load and on Central Office Conversions.
* This includes all aspects of T1 from the Switch (5ESS and DMS100/DMS250 and 1AESS and DMS-10) to various multiplexers and digital cross connects (Titan-5500, DacsIV, DacsII) and DS3 test and turn up as needed.
* Read and interpret WDOCS.
* Troubleshooting and implementing efforts to correct and turn up faulty T1 carriers.
* Provide training and assistance to fellow Technicians.
* Also trained on Trunk Translations on 5ESS, DMS100 and AXE-10.
US WEST CAPACITY PROVISIONING-CONSTRUCTION
* Splicer, splice copper and fiber optic cable-fusion splicing.
* Build HICAP circuits, read and interpret Engineering Prints and work orders.
* Perform cable transfers and Conformance Testing.
* Turn up and test and troubleshoot and repair Pair Gain systems to include SLC-2000 systems and multiplexers.
* Aerial cable construction and Underground cable construction. Install and build new Cross Box Cabinets.
* Trained fellow technicians including the usage of all Telecom Test Equipment, TDR/OTDR, TBERDS, RF Meters, Oscilloscopes and multi-meters.
US WEST ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES - BUSINESS SERVICES
Resource Associate (Management)
* Site coordinator for videoconferencing at Boulder.
* This involved Executive Level administrative support working with executive level management including CEO and Vice Presidents of US West business units.
US WEST COMMUNICATIONS - NETWORK AND TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
Network Technician (Incidental Employee)
* Configured and tested (turned-up) loop electronic cabinets, Lucent, and R-TEC/Marconi cabinets, installing, splicing and configuring fiber-optic Multiplexers and copper shelves.
* Used Fujitsu FLM-150 Multiplexers, Lucent Fiber-optic Multiplexers, repeater shelves and SLC-5 and R-TEC channel banks.
* Using a test Central Office, equipment was looped and tested to meet all standards of operation and performance.
* Assisted with standardizing configuration parameters of loop electronic cabinets.
Accumulated total of 60 semester hours towards Electronics Engineering
Attended University of Colorado at Boulder, and United States Army Intelligence Center and Schools. University of Phoenix.
United States Army Intelligence School, Fort Devens, MA. Electronic Warfare Intercept Aviation Systems Repairer. Army Course Number: 102-33 R10, October
|Last Resume Update||November 5, 2014|
|Resume File|| michaellopez-copy.rtf 10.84 kB|
|Willing to Relocate?||No|