- Knowledgeable of all applicable rules and regulations concerning safety procedures and policies;
proficient in documenting and implementing maintenance inspections and procedures (OSHA).
- Experienced in demonstrating exceptional performance and excellent customer service skills within
various industry settings.
- Committed to providing hard work and superior efforts to enhance both project quality and productivity.
- Capable of confidently interfacing with other professionals, staff, and high-profile business clients.
Barragan Corp International, Temecula, CA
County of San Diego/Women’s Detention Facility Project ($ 239 Mil.)
OCIP Safety & Risk Consultant
(07/2012 - 01/2014)
OCIP qualified safety professional representing owners, Insurance carriers and Brokers on project for all safety
compliance. Responsibilities in coordinating with project owners, meetings, safety committee meetings,
conducting safety assessment’s, mandated reports with audits, ensuring all OSHA/OCIP compliance protocols are
met. Six panel saliva drug testing for pre-orientation requirements.
Hyundai Rotem USA Corporation, Colton-CA
SCRRA-Electric Silver line Train Project ($ 274 Mil.)
Railroad Light- Rail Safety & Compliance Officer
Representing Hyundai Rotem/SCRRA-Metro-link on project for all Railroad 49CFR 213 & 214 and GCOR safety
compliance. Responsibilities in coordinating and training with project owners, meetings, safety committee
meetings, conducting safety assessment’s, mandated reports with audits, ensuring all Railroad compliance
protocols are met. Project milestones meet with over 3,018 rail-utility workers on (2) facilities with “zero” fatalities
and or incidents.
Whillock Contracting, Inc., San Diego, CA
Various Demolition Projects ($ 1.5 to $3 Mil.)
Site Safety Health Officer & Demolition Estimator
Supervised all employees and implemented a training process to familiarize them with safe demolition procedures
by complying with Cal OSHA standards on various projects throughout Greater San Diego County. Represented the
company before county and city inspectors to make sure that all related close out items are successfully completed
under all mandated protocols.
Geotivity Environmental Services, Inc., San Diego, CA
Various Site Location Projects ($ 100,000 to $3 Mil.)
SCADA Site Safety Manager
Supervised all employees and implemented a training process to familiarize them with SCADA evaluations and IT-
data flow protocol for environmental assessments. On site repairs for provided hardware and software solutions to
wireless real-time flow monitoring Doppler systems. Best practices administering and or repair of data capabilities
for CSO/SSO’s peripherals and respondent collation data logging for inflow & infiltration studies. Pump station
study reports using via sat-com equipment connecting to efficiency reporting data for capacity studies during
storm water monitoring. Secondly, progress by real-time analysis using virtual rainfall monitoring of the Doppler-
NOAA plus stream/river systems. Also in closing, provide services related to monitoring solutions for SCADA
management platform systems that provides current data management in GIS and modeling tools.
Western Foundation & Shoring, Inc., San Diego, CA
(1991 to 1994)
Projects site laborer, foreman and drill rig machinery operator during foundation & shoring projects. Installation of
deep foundation piers for stabilization and leveling of all settling foundations. Observed but prevented any
potential safety hazards. Complete assembling of appropriate tools and equipment, completing assigning tasks,
and moving the job toward completion to ensure efficiency with quality supporting the management and mission
of the company.
International Sheet Metal Workers-Union Local # 206, San Diego, CA
(1985 to 1999)
Project’s site superintendent, foreman and journeyman sheet metal worker on multiple projects.
Installation and/or repairs to HVAC systems. Custom sheet metal, Lt-electrical and plumbing during all phases of
projects throughout Greater San Diego County for various contractors affiliated to International Sheet Metal
Workers-Union Local # 206.
Western Landscape Construction Co., San Diego, CA
(1983 to 1985)
Landscape superintendent for light commercial projects and estimator during pre-bids layout process.
Pacific Pipeline, Inc., San Diego, CA
(1981 to 1983)
Projects site laborer, foreman, light machinery laborer, competent person for excavation, grading work and dry
utility, sewer construction pipeline renovation projects.
Shores Construction, Co., San Diego, CA
(1977 to 1983)
Family owned company functioning as an apprentice to residential & light commercial projects as site laborer,
foreman, and light machinery operator/laborer.
Knifings Landscape Construction, Inc., San Diego, CA
(1977 to 1981)
General foreman to commercial and residential projects, overseeing crews who work in grounds maintenance and
landscape design or contracting. Novice responsibilities included calculating costs, evaluating laborer employees,
scheduling jobs, overseeing and maintaining equipment, with various other administrative duties.
- (2012) (Technical/Certifications)- UCSD San Diego University, Extension Studies, San Diego, CA
- (2010) (Technical/Certifications)- College of the Desert-WTTC Program, Wind Turbine Tech, Palm Desert, CA
- (2008) (A/S)- Cuyamaca College, Environmental Health Safety Management, El Cajon, CA
- (2006) (A/S) - Mira Costa College, Biological Sciences, Oceanside, CA.
- (xxx-xxx-xxxx)(Technical/Masters) Army Signal Corps-, Electronics/Communications, Augusta, GA
- (xxx-xxx-xxxx) U.S. Army/Army National Guards- Southeast Asia/ Campaign Veteran
CERTIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- BCSP - Board of Certified Safety Professionals – OHST candidate
- OCIP / Owner Controlled Insurance Plan trained
- OSHA 500
- OSHA 501
- OSHA 510
- Wind Turbine Technician certification
- OSHA 30 Hour – Construction
- 40 hour Hazwoper-Confined Spaces training
- Fall Protection Competent Training
- Scaffold Competent Person Training
- Light-Rail track mobile equipment operator
- (49CFR) Railroad Light-Rail blue flag-blue signal safety trainer
- (GCOR) Railroad Light-Rail / General Code Of Operation Rules training
- First Aid, CPR, AED - American Red Cross-Lay Responder Trainer
- Journeyman International Sheet Metal Workers-Union Local # 206, San Diego CA
COMPLETED PROJECTS LIST
- County of San Diego Women’s Detention - Flower Hill Mall - San Diego, CA
Facility, -San Diego, CA - Carlsbad School - Carlsbad, CA
- Hyundai Rotem USA- Electric Train/Locomotive - San Diego Unified School District - San Diego, CA
manufacturing project, Colton, CA - Port of San Diego - San Diego, CA
- River walk Golf Club - San Diego, CA - La Vista Cemetery - San Diego, CA
- Grossmont Plaza II-La Mesa, CA - Son of Kettner - San Diego, CA
- Palencia Del Mar Golf Course-Del Mar, CA - Row Housing - San Diego, CA
- City of San Diego - San Diego, CA - Point Builders - San Diego, CA
- County of San Diego - San Diego, CA - Habitat of Humanity - San Diego, CA
- Arco Olympic Training Center - Chula Vista, CA - Five Star Parking - San Diego, CA
- UCSD Hospital - San Diego, CA - Waterfront - San Diego, CA
- Hollywood Video - El Cajon, CA - Toyota of El Cajon - El Cajon, CA
- Sizzler - San Diego, CA - San Diego Hospice - San Diego, CA
Available and suitably eligible
|Last Resume Update||September 18, 2014|
|Address||San Diego, California|
|Resume File|| EHS-CURRENT-RESUME_2014.pdf 385.96 kB|